Speciality Dining on Azura

sandancer

7 minutes ago, sandancer said:

When we sailed on Arvia this year I was able to book and pay for Epicurean etc in advance. Is it only the 2 newer, bigger ships that this arrangement applies to or is it on all of the P&O ships?

You cannot book on advance for Arcadia pre cruise, although "manage my holiday" said we would be able to do so.  I know this is not relevant to your cruise, but it does not apply to all ships as you asked.

Edited by tring

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

When we sailed on Arvia this year I was able to book and pay for Epicurean etc in advance. Is it only the 2 newer, bigger ships that this arrangement applies to or is it on all of the P&O ships?

We are flying out to Malta to join Azura on Thursday, and no we have not been able to pre book any dining in advance.  All to be done on board.

3 hours ago, sandancer said:

We sailed on Ventura last month and were able to book Epicurean in advance. 

2 hours ago, SeaJane said:

We sailed on Ventura last month and were able to book Epicurean in advance. 

Our cruise Personaliser suggests that we will be able to pre-book Epicurean, Sindhu and Beach House during the 14 days prior to our next Ventura cruise yet, as I said previously, none of these is bookable in advance on Britannia 🙄

2 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Our cruise Personaliser suggests that we will be able to pre-book Epicurean, Sindhu and Beach House during the 14 days prior to our next Ventura cruise yet, as I said previously, none of these is bookable in advance on Britannia 🙄

I concur. 

Unfortunately can only book the Limelight and shows in advance on Britannia. 

Just hope we can book Epicurean as we have a late boarding time... 

Andy 

12 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I concur. 

Unfortunately can only book the Limelight and shows in advance on Britannia. 

Just hope we can book Epicurean as we have a late boarding time... 

Andy 

Fingers crossed for you Andy 🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tring said:

You cannot book on advance for Arcadia pre cruise, although "manage my holiday" said we would be able to do so.  I know this is not relevant to your cruise, but it does not apply to all ships as you asked.

Thanks - that's helpful (to me anyway) as I will be on Arcadia later this year. 

What is the procedure for booking speciality restaurants on Arcadia ?  Is there a mad rush on embarkation (as with Celebrity) ? 

My wife celebrates a big birthday is 60 on our cruise - so need to ensure we can get reservations at least for that night but we would normally eat in the specialty restaurants many times over the course of a cruise so keen to understand the booking system / tips as to this  !  

Are the (two) restaurants likely to sell out (i.e. are they full every evening ? or can you get in most nights (even if you don't book immediately on embarkation) ?   Perhaps someone on Arcadia now (or recently) could advise as regards this please 

I appreciate it depends on the actual cruise - but am looking for generalisations as to this  (i.e. if they always seem to be full ........)  or indeed if they are trying to push people towrads them with "special offers" etc throughout the cruise ?    

We left the ship last Thursday.  Some times were unavailable when we boarded, so I would book what you definitely want if it is a  big birthday - you can always cancel or change time later if it is available.  9pm still seemed to be available last minute and perhaps one or two other times (late or very early)  - port days are probably quieter as is the MDR, especially if there is scenic cruising leaving port which we had a few days..  Formals likely to be the most booked, I think.  You could try booking pre-cruise, just in case it is happening for you, otherwise speciality restaurants can be booked on the app easily as soon as you board, as can shore excursions if you want to use OBC so do not want to book pre cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we have only chosen freedom dining before.If we chose set dining what happens if we want to eat I  speciality restaurants occasionally, do you just not turn up in mdr room or how does it work please?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Just 47 said:

Hi we have only chosen freedom dining before.If we chose set dining what happens if we want to eat I  speciality restaurants occasionally, do you just not turn up in mdr room or how does it work please?

There will be lots of empty tables on fixed dining on most nights as your table is allocated all week. 

No real need to tell anyone, just possibly out of politeness if you are sharing a table so they don't wait for you. 

Andy