Loews Miami South Beach

sunryz710

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me about Loews in South Beach? I have it booked in May pre-cruise.. and want to have confirmation that I did the right thing..

There is a strip aross from the beach with bars and restaurants.. I think the Colony hotel is nearby....anyway can;t remember the name of it.. Ocean Drive? Well there were some nice restaurants with patio seating and people walk up and down the street.. etc..

Does anyone know if Loews is in walking distance of this area??

How is the pool? Beach? Rooms??

Anything you can tell me is helpful..

Thanks,

Dawn

I visited someone who was staying there in November and was invited to the pool with them. I thought the place was fantastic. Pool was outstanding, and beach is right there too, if you choose. Location is great, near Lincoln Road Mall and not far from Ocean Drive and all the action. Have a great time.

Are you thinking of Lincoln Rd? - which is really a pedestrian mall (no car traffic on the street?

We stayed at Loews last year, in a two day stay after our cruise. We had a great time walking up and down Lincoln in the evenings picking out restaurants and looking at a few of the stores as well as doing a little people watching. I've never seen so many different restaurants with outdoor seating, there were several on each block ranging from hot dog and pizza places to many kinds of fine food restaurants.

It is definitely walking distance from the Loews.

We loved the Loews. Great beach (but be prepared to pay for a lounge & umbrella on the beach) and large & very nice pool area. There was also two nice places, on the property, to eat lunch or breakfast outside. Probably dinner too, but we went to Lincoln Rd. and to Emeril's for dinner. All a bit pricy but a great place!

Dawn, Lincoln Road Mall, which is just 2 blocks from Loews is loaded with shops and restaurants, many with outdoor seating, but with your mention of the Colony Hotel, you are thinking of Ocean Drive, and in particular the portion running from approximately 5th Street to about 12th St. This is the most active area of Ocean Drive and is certainly walkable from Loews, which is on Collins Avenue at 16th St. Ocean Drive is one block east, closer to the ocean and beach, but doesn't start until 15th Street as you walk south.

Archived