Meraviglia YC

Laurab23

I am looking at an April 28,2024 YC cruise. There are 51 deluxe suites still available. What are the chances that prices will go lower for those cabins in the near future? Can't decide if I should book now or wait. I don't have a certain suite in mind. I have never sailed MSC so would probably be happy with any of them.

Laura

Current MSC strategy seems to be to never lower YC prices regardless of how they are selling.  YC prices almost always increase as sail date approaches.   It creates an urgency to book in those who are unwilling to sail in regular cabins. 

Unsold YC cabins are filled with the upgrade bidding process.  Frequently netting near the original listed prices because bidders seem to only look at the current asking price which has become inflated by the time the bidding begins.

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2023 at 3:00 PM, Até said:

Unsold YC cabins are filled with the upgrade bidding process.  Frequently netting near the original listed prices because bidders seem to only look at the current asking price which has become inflated by the time the bidding begins.

And then also available on board for cash upgrades if not all consumed by bids. 

33 minutes ago, awatt said:

How do you go about doing this?

It's harder to do if you are not already in YC.  Then, you would have to discuss an upgrade with Guest Services, and they would have to try and work it out with the YC concierge. The difficulty is that there is no incentive for guest services to really go the extra mile. In our case, in March we were booked in a YC interior.  On boarding I asked the concierge to put us on the list for a paid upgrade.  We were first on the list, and we changed rooms around 5:00 p.m. The cost was a little over $500 total for both of us for a seven-night cruise.  Our butler told us that there is some sort of incentive for the concierge desk to do space-available upgrades.

Edited by JAGR

1 hour ago, awatt said:

How do you go about doing this?

Yes - I just spoke with the concierge upon boarding. I had to wait until just before dinner - they need the ship to sail to be sure no other movements and to make cabins available from no shows. I knew from looking online a couple days before that lots were available.