Cambodian eVisa Question

ssawjo

We will be calling at the Port of Sihanoukville, Cambodia for one day and a visa is required.  Oceania is offering to obtain the visa for us for $89/pp.  This is a lot more than being able to get one from the Government of Cambodia.  Online, a single entry eVisa T is $36/pp and is good for 30 days.  There is also an eVisa E for $42 and I cannot see any difference between the two.  Would it be a good idea to get the eVisa beforehand and forgo Oceania's offer?

Another question:  We will be debarking in Bangkok a few days after visiting Sihanoukville and will be flying to Siem Reap, Cambodia, for a few days.  It looks like I will have to purchase new eVisas either online or at the airport.  Can the original eVisas we purchased be used for arriving at Siem Reap?  It will all be within the 30-day limit.  

Thank you for your responses and suggestions.

Bill

My information is a bit dated and limited but here it is.

We flew into Bangkok did an overnight at the airport Intercontinental and flew to Seim Reap the next day. This was April 2019. 

Easy flight, 55 minutes. Siem Reap airport is small and easy to navigate.

One runway, open air terminal, the only crowd will be from your plane.

At that time most travel sites recommended getting your visa upon arrival at Siem Reap which we did.

Back then it was $30/person, US dollars preferred payment method, and you will find that the dollar is widely accepted in Cambodia.

I don’t recall the rest of the visa details but we flew back to Bangkok after 3 days, embarked Viking Orion and stopped in Sihanoukville a few days later. No additional visa was required.

Enjoy your adventure, Angkor Wat and surrounding area was incredible.

BTW, we stayed in Park Hyatt in central Siem Reap, highly recommended.

On 6/29/2023 at 11:29 AM, ssawjo said:

We will be calling at the Port of Sihanoukville, Cambodia for one day and a visa is required.  Oceania is offering to obtain the visa for us for $89/pp.  This is a lot more than being able to get one from the Government of Cambodia.  Online, a single entry eVisa T is $36/pp and is good for 30 days.  There is also an eVisa E for $42 and I cannot see any difference between the two.  Would it be a good idea to get the eVisa beforehand and forgo Oceania's offer?

Another question:  We will be debarking in Bangkok a few days after visiting Sihanoukville and will be flying to Siem Reap, Cambodia, for a few days.  It looks like I will have to purchase new eVisas either online or at the airport.  Can the original eVisas we purchased be used for arriving at Siem Reap?  It will all be within the 30-day limit.  

Bill

You said it here.  EVisas are single entry.  You have to buy a new one every time you enter.  You can get a multiple entry visa from the Cambodian Embassy.  But you have to mail in your passport for that one.  Not worth the chance IMO.

10 hours ago, JRIH said:

You said it here.  EVisas are single entry.  You have to buy a new one every time you enter.  You can get a multiple entry visa from the Cambodian Embassy.  But you have to mail in your passport for that one.  Not worth the chance IMO.

Thanks for your response.  You confirmed my suspisions about the visas.  I guess I will wait and get a visa at the Siem Reap airport.  And, I totally agree, I will not send our passports to the Cambodian Embassy.  Not worth the risk.

• 4 months later...
On 6/29/2023 at 2:29 PM, ssawjo said:

Bill

You may not have a choice, but just for the record, I never use a service offered by the cruise line unless I have to.  But I live in a U.S. metropolitan area with a lot of foreign consulates, which isn't the case for many travelers.  So it's usually easier, and lots cheaper, to use an official government online website for evisas, which are sometimes called visas on arrival. As far as I know, what I've gotten is always the same as what a visa service/cruise line offers. 

Sihanoukville, Cambodia, however, is more complicated for anyone going there now on a cruise.  That's because of what was mentioned in a previous post. So I guess it's coming down to a choice of paying Oceania to have VisaCentral get the visa, or go to a Cambodian embassy/consulate to get a tourist visa. (The T-1 tourist visa is only good for one entry,  but you can stay 30 days. It's a sticker visa that is attached to passport. You must provide a picture, copy of passport bio page, $30 money order or cashier check.  You can't apply earlier than 2 months pre-visit.)   Of course, whether a cruise passenger will actually be asked to show one at the port, or prove to the cruise line that he or she has obtained one, is another question. But it sounds like Oceania does plan to check.

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back.  NCL took care of the visa for Sihanoukville.  It was only $30/pp, so if Oceania is charging $89, that's simply a rip-off (and I thought NCL was nickel and diming everything, lol)  We also flew to Siem Reap for 2 days.  We did the online evisa for Cambodia, that was super easy, we also got our tickets to Angkor Wat ahead of time to save time.  If you are looking for a tour guide for Angkor Wat, we used San Park.  He was absolutely amazing!!!  I would highly recommend him!