Costa Excursions

StephenNJ

I'm a frequent cruiser.  I'm considering taking a Costa Cruise for the first time.  I went onto their website and noticed that the excursion prices weren't displayed.  I'm trying to get a sense if Costa's excursions were more or less expensive than other cruise lines like MSC, Holland America or Norwegian.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Prices of Costa excursions are variable - in both directions. For a cancelled cruise (covid) I was booked on an excursion, which I am now again booked on. One long day excursion is now 31 € cheaper, while for another excursion on this cruise a few days after my booking the price was raised (not for me, because I booked already). It doesn’t happen frequently, but happens. You can see the prices as soon as you booked on mycosta.com, as you need your booking reference to log in. If you book as option only you already can log in and add excursions (and other items) and it doesn‘t cost a cent if you decide not to confirm the cruise. It makes sense to book excursions early, you pay excursions aboard only and are free to cancel an excursion and book again if the price drops.

On the page with the list of different cruises (or your chosen cruise) you have two buttons per offer: The yellow one on the right to choose your cabin. Tap the button on the left "See the itinerary". Tap on the pop-up again the white button "Shore excursions and activities". For each day you have slides with the proposed excursions. Tap on picture and you will see the details, incl. duration and price.

Screenshot_20230630-161745_Firefox.jpg

Edited by newoncruise

I think the trick is to not to choose via destinations but to choose first one specific cruise.

As my cruise didn't show up in the overwiews and I wanted to embarque in Amsterdam-Ijmuiden instead of Kiel, went to destinations/ports and chose there one of the ports. Then I entered criteria for the filter and chose my cruise.

Screenshot_20230630-190340_Firefox.thumb.jpg.844a3dcdfd189a8f63a82cf9ba479469.jpg

Thanks, it works from here as well - for some cruises. I tested it and it is available for cruises up to some month in the future, but not for all cruises offered. This explains why I never got this information, because I am used to book far in advance.