Princess Teen Program Experience

flhokie

Before our cruise we weren't able to find a lot of information on the Princess Teen Program so I wanted to share our experience...

Daughter is 12 1/2 and in her 2nd year of middle school (and very tall). Last year she was aged up to the teen program on Royal Caribbean at 11 years old (their teen program starts at 12). When we booked the cruise, the Princess website said that their teen program started at 12, but it was later changed to 13 so we weren't sure what to expect. 

When we boarded, there was a schedule for the 8-12 year old group in our room. We reviewed it and daughter said she'd just stay with me rather than going since the activities were young for her. Also, because of her size, she wouldn't feel comfortable playing some of the games, like dodgeball, with the younger kids. We went up to the 8-12 room to ask about her possibly aging up to teens. We were told she could do it it she had an older sibling in the group, but if not she'd have to stay with 8-12. I explained that she did teens on Royal last year and that the website said 12-17 when we booked. A different crew member who came in when I said that said we could talk to the teen program to see if they would let her. As soon as she saw her and I explained she'd done teens on Royal Caribbean, she said that daughter could age up (just had to fill out a form). 

The room for the teen program (Beach House) was great! They had sofas to hang out on, skeeball, foosball, air hockey, video games and a way for the teens to select music that played in the room. 

They had all kind of activities planned like crafts, games, video games, scavenger hunt, etc. They also planned some big events like a mocktail making competition, hot tub party, rock the boat party and farewell party. 

Daughter loved the teen program on Princess and said it was actually better than on Royal Caribbean. She said the staff was engaged with the teens and knew who they were (she said that didn't happen on Royal). She loved it so much that she's ready to sail on Princess again. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Thanks, this is exactly the type of review I was looking for. We are looking to change from Carnival to Princess. We were worried that our soon to be 14 year old daughter may not enjoy it. We are taking one of her friends with us on our next Carnival cruise, but we cruise 3-4 times a year it won't always be an option for us. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks for sharing your experiences. We’ve been Princess loyal and our girls have “grown up” through what is now Camp Discovery. This will be our first year DD is in Beach House but our younger one is still slated for The Lodge. They’re hoping they can age up / down so they can be together.