No Sargassum at the Krazy Lobster

Jeal

We went to the Krazy Lobster last week and had a fantastic time - great service, delicious food and no sargassum on the beach or in the water. Many thanks to Mauricio - he is always a wonderful host. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beaver1975 said:

But, there are some rally ugly "cages" off shore that keep the seaweed at bay.

I just wonder how deep the Sargassum was built up around the nets surrrounding the Krazy Lobster?

I really wish I would have bookmarked the you tube video from last year somebody posted , where the Sargassum just outside the netting was so deep, 2 foor long Iguanas were walking across the top of it, as if it were dry land.

And there still was alot of clumps of Sargassum floating around inside the nets.

Edited by bguppies

We were there in March also. As we approached Costa Maya you could see many large areas of sargassum floating in the water. At that time, along the shoreline, there were several places where there were no nets so the sargassum had washed up to the shoreline. There were workers in the water with rakes trying desperately to remove the sargassum from the water. They were losing the battle because no matter how much they removed more washed in. The stench along the entire beach was disgusting. It made our eyes water and irritated our throats. We could not stay and left after 10 minutes. This time, our time at Krazy Lobster was back to the pre sargassum days. We had a beautiful day in Costa Maya. 

Edited by Jeal

We did not see any ugly cages. I do believe that in March the sargassum was wide enough and deep enough for an iguana to walk across. It really was terrible. But, it appears to be back to normal now - a beautiful place to spend the day at the beach. 

• 2 weeks later...