Panorama in Puerto Vallarta

Hello,

I did ask this question on the Mexican Riviera board but apparently the answer depends on the cruise line.

We are doing a 7 day Mexico cruise and the itinerary has us in PV 9am-9pm.  I have heard that Panorama leaves its clock set an hour behind local time.

I'd like to confirm that if possible, and what last boarding time would be?  For example if the itinerary says 9pm departure I assume that's local time, which is 8pm if we set our watches to ship time, so boarding around 7pm according to our watches?

I find time changes quite difficult to get my head around so would like to be sure when organising tours and things for the day. Any advice most welcome!

13 hours ago, clairebearinaus said:

Hello,

I did ask this question on the Mexican Riviera board but apparently the answer depends on the cruise line.

We are doing a 7 day Mexico cruise and the itinerary has us in PV 9am-9pm.  I have heard that Panorama leaves its clock set an hour behind local time.

I'd like to confirm that if possible, and what last boarding time would be?  For example if the itinerary says 9pm departure I assume that's local time, which is 8pm if we set our watches to ship time, so boarding around 7pm according to our watches?

I find time changes quite difficult to get my head around so would like to be sure when organising tours and things for the day. Any advice most welcome!

1) Panorama does NOT switch it's ship clock while in port in PV. It is the one port on that itinerary where 'local time' will be one hour ahead.

2) Anything listed from Carnival will be in 'ship time'. So that 9a-9p thing your reading directly from Carnival means exactly that in SHIP time. And 'back on board' will likely be about 8p SHIP time.

3) Never change your watch when you go ashore and be darn careful about your cellphone as that can and will autocorrect to 'local' if you take it off airplane.

4) PV is one of the longest port stops on any itinerary in light of the fact that they are only going up the coast a relatively short distance to their next port. Depending on the time of year, you'll be leaving well after dark. Few people are still ashore once dinnertime rolls around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much, that makes sense.  'Back on board' time is according to the ship clock not local time.  And if we muck up somehow and our phones switch themselves to local time, we'll be an hour ahead so back to the ship early not late!

It's also interesting to know that most are back on board for dinner. 

Hope you're having a wonderful day @csm5986142

• Like 2

3 hours ago, clairebearinaus said:

Thank you so much, that makes sense.  'Back on board' time is according to the ship clock not local time.  And if we muck up somehow and our phones switch themselves to local time, we'll be an hour ahead so back to the ship early not late!

It's also interesting to know that most are back on board for dinner. 

Hope you're having a wonderful day @csm5986142

Port times are local time.  They will advise you to adjust you watch accordingly.  Dinner remains on ship time.. you cannot have 4000 passengers on two different times

• Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 7:35 AM, jsglow said:

1) Panorama does NOT switch it's ship clock while in port in PV. It is the one port on that itinerary where 'local time' will be one hour ahead.

Is this different in the summer now that Mexico doesn't observe Daylight Savings time (just started in 2023)?

10 hours ago, geneparmesan said:

Is this different in the summer now that Mexico doesn't observe Daylight Savings time (just started in 2023)?

I don't know. When we last did this cruise it was March of this year, DST in the US.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, geneparmesan said:

Pv is one hour ahead of long beach, Cabo and Mazatlan. You will be advised to adjust your time 

• Like 1