Flying out of CA for US citizens

GORDONCHICK

10 hours ago, Z'Loth said:

Per https://www.cbp.gov/travel/preclearance, the following Canadian airports have United States Preclearance:

• Calgary International Airport
  • Edmonton International Airport
  • Robert L. Stanfield International (Halifax Preclearance)
  • Montreal Trudeau International Airport
  • Ottawa MacDonald-Cartier International Airport
  • Lester B. Pearson International Airport (Toronto Preclearance)
  • Vancouver International Airport
  • Winnipeg International Airport

In effect, once you pass through PreClearance, you are in the "United States", and your flight is a domestic flight. 

Good to know!  Thanks.

What kind of engineer are you?  My son will be finishing 2 engineering degrees this coming school year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

On the off chance that someone is meeting you (instead of your taking a taxi or Uber/etc.), they should know *where* the pre-cleared AC flights arrive.  It's likely not going to be at an "International Terminal".

Ideally, your friend should have your airline and flight number. There are a number of online services that will let them know which gate you are arriving at through a mobile browser... especially if they are picking you up at the mega-airport such as DFW International. However, I also tell my ride to not leave for the airport until I call/text them that we have landed and are docked at the gate. In my experience, it takes a minimum of 30 minutes to deplane, find the luggage pickup area, and pick up my luggage, so ideally, they should be waiting at the cellular lot until I have my luggage. 

Also, I make sure to treat my friend to a very nice sit-down dinner as well in exchange for their time and gas. 

13 minutes ago, Z'Loth said:

Ideally, your friend should have your airline and flight number. There are a number of online services that will let them know which gate you are arriving at through a mobile browser... especially if they are picking you up at the mega-airport such as DFW International. However, I also tell my ride to not leave for the airport until I call/text them that we have landed and are docked at the gate. In my experience, it takes a minimum of 30 minutes to deplane, find the luggage pickup area, and pick up my luggage, so ideally, they should be waiting at the cellular lot until I have my luggage. 

We will be picking up a rental car and driving to Acadia Natonal Park.  Only our hotel will be waiting on us.

14 hours ago, Z'Loth said:

However, I also tell my ride to not leave for the airport until I call/text them that we have landed and are docked at the gate. In my experience, it takes a minimum of 30 minutes to deplane, find the luggage pickup area, and pick up my luggage, so ideally, they should be waiting at the cellular lot until I have my luggage.

And if arriving AA at DFW, add another 30 minutes because it will take an hour for your luggage to show up even if you can see your plane out the window in front of the baggage belt!!!

Edited by zdcatc12
Grammar