Soda Package?

mdl_82

What if you have the other drink packages that still include soda (Have It All Package, Quench etc.)?  Can you still get a cup to use the Freestyle machines? (assuming your ship has one)

2 hours ago, highscar said:

It’s large with lid insulated plastic. I like it 

IMG_1458.jpeg

Is it insulated enough to actually keep the ice frozen for a while or just keep your drink cool?

DS likes ICE!!

1 hour ago, highscar said:

I don’t know. At the bar I asked for no ice. Don’t see why not. Although the machine was not working so I don’t know if it dispenses ice.  

The machines have not worked on any ship we've been on (I think there's only a couple that have them).

• Like 2

15 hours ago, highscar said:

It’s large with lid insulated plastic. I like it 

IMG_1458.jpeg

Thanks! Do you know if you have to use it at all times or will they also give you soda in a regular glass? Not sure I want to have to carry it around with me or have to go back to my room every time I want a soda...

We recently had the Coca Cola package on a 14 day transatlantic on Nieuw Statendam.  There is one machine.  It is just outside of the Lido.  It dispenses both ice and soda, and has many different flavors to add to the staples (Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Mellow Yellow, Ginger Ale, etc).  It was working for most of the cruise, but was down occasionally.  When down, the bars happily provided soda.  There is a trade off between having lots of flavors available and having to lug around the tumbler everywhere you go.  I liked it.  Some people don't like it.  Your mileage may vary.

23 hours ago, jole said:

What if you have the other drink packages that still include soda (Have It All Package, Quench etc.)?  Can you still get a cup to use the Freestyle machines? (assuming your ship has one)

Yes, because it's in HAL's best interest to give away 3K+ cups every week on a Pinnacle class ship...

44 minutes ago, PACD_JG said:

Yes, because it's in HAL's best interest to give away 3K+ cups every week on a Pinnacle class ship...

I didn't ask if it was free I simply asked if you could get one.  It's only free with the soda package.  I guess I should have been more clear, wow

Also I should add that other lines (RCL) do give you the sode cup for the machines with all the packages.  So although I knew it wasn't free I was wondering if you could purchase it somewhere since the machines have some fun flavours that you cannot get at the bars.

Edited by jole

10 hours ago, mdl_82 said:

Thanks! Do you know if you have to use it at all times or will they also give you soda in a regular glass? Not sure I want to have to carry it around with me or have to go back to my room every time I want a soda...

We get the soda package all the time.  If you leave your cup in the room, the bar tenders will happily give you a fountain coke product in a glass.  Your room card will have a little sticker on it that shows you have the soda package.  Sometimes we have them fill the cup and sometimes we just get a glass.

Edited by TAW1963