Club Balcony on the Jewel

Travelers56

We are considering booking a Club Balcony on the Jewel instead of a deck nine mid ship balcony.

The main concern is the potential noise from deck 12 above us:  the pool deck, garden cafe, teen club -  you name it....

Anyone have experience on the Jewel on the deck 11 Club Balcony and the noise level? 

Many thanks

My wife and I have been in the Club Balcony deck 11 mid ship 3 times on Alaska cruises and have had no issues.  There were a few time that we could hear chairs being moved around in the morning but we are always up early anyways.  We get the mid ship area close to the elevator.  It makes it nice to go up 1 flight of stairs and right into the Garden Cafe for that early cup of coffee or mid day snack.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Skeeter-

we had a Club Balcony on the Breakaway and loved the extra space- especially in the bathroom.

we were on the Pearl in our usual deck nine balcony-  and the drawer and bathroom space was the smallest we've ever seen.

Wondering if you think the Club Balcony on the Jewel also has that extra room-

appreciate the help!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Travelers56 said:

We are considering booking a Club Balcony on the Jewel instead of a deck nine mid ship balcony.

The main concern is the potential noise from deck 12 above us:  the pool deck, garden cafe, teen club -  you name it.... Anyone have experience on the Jewel on the deck 11 Club Balcony and the noise level?  Many thanks

On most cruises, we purposely book rooms under the pool deck. And do not have any issues. You'll just have to check what is above you. If it is a true mid-ship, then only the pool is above you... and we don't have any issues with a pool. 

We were just on the Jewel last week, on deck 11.  You could occasionally hear chairs being moved at night and sometimes kids running. Another thing to take in consideration is that deck 12 overhangs a bit, so the view is blocked at bit at the sky.  We still had a great time and the room was really nice. 

We had club balcony on Jewel in June. Mid ship, near elevator. It was wonderful location and no noise complaints. My only comment is lack of counter space in bathroom. Shower is very nice. Don’t be dumb like me. There is a narrow door next to closet that opened for safe and additional drawers. I literally realized this as we were leaving. LOL