Carnival Mardi Gras forward facing extended balcony

We just booked 3 forward facing extended balconies on the Carnival Mardi Gras ....  now I'm reconsidering our choices.

If anyone has stayed in one -

1. can you see anything when you're sitting in the chair???

2. Is it super windy????

3. Do you look over the crew area (it looks like it in the picture)???

Pros vs cons - please help me decide so I can either keep them or change them ASAP.  It's a family trip including my 80 year old in-laws.

Thanks for any advice!

Aloha.  I do not have any personal experience with the particular forward facing balcony but in general based on my experience I am not a fan for several reasons…Yes it can get very windy. Generally the “railing” is made of metal so that when sitting, the view can be partially or totally obstructed, you may be required to close the drapes at night because the cabin lights will obstruct the bridge view which is a hazard. Thus, we have avoided these rooms because of the various and several negatives.  Again, no experience regarding the Mardi Gras but I hope this is at least somewhat beneficial.  

No experience in those particular cabins or the Mardi Gras. But on other ships I have been on in extreme forward cabins, the railing is metal and it completely blocked my view when seated on the balcony. For me, that was a deal breaker - I spend a lot of time sitting on the balcony and the view is an important part of the experience. If someone just likes being outdoor and doesn't care about the view, it's probably ok.

We had a clear view of crew smoking and whatever else they did on breaks, but they were far enough away we couldn't tell who they were, just how may of them were there. The area was clean, never an eyesore.

Yes, much more wind extreme forward than other locations. 

Movement doesn't bother me, but I did notice it more up there.

It is a long walk from those extreme forward cabins to anywhere  (except other extreme forward cabins, lol) so you might want to consider that for 80yo in laws.

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

2 hours ago, italianmama40 said:

2. Is it super windy????

Never had one but i assume since its forward facing it would be like sticking your head out a moving car window on some days.

I am struggling with the same issue as I have one of those rooms booked in September. I can verify that you cannot see through or over the rail when sitting and looking at videos I do not see a way to rectify that issue. I think your only view will be while standing. 

Everyone seems to be reporting that wind is not an issue in these rooms and that would have to be due to its inability to move through the room since the barrier is there, but I am concerned. 

Also, you are far from everything and will have increased movement on the tip of the ship. 

I think I will keep it to try it out, but I am increasingly suspecting that other balconies would be better. 

• Like 1

We had one of those rooms on Celebration and would not book it again. There is a crew smoking deck nearby, and our room always smelled like smoke to me (even though we rarely opened the balcony door).

I have asthma and am really sensitive to smoke so it might not bother others as much as it does me though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, italianmama40 said:

We just booked 3 forward facing extended balconies on the Carnival Mardi Gras ....  now I'm reconsidering our choices.

Hi @italianmama40🙂

I just searched Google & located many (video tours/reviews) of those particular staterooms.

Type into Google:

Carnival Mardi Gras Forward Extended Balcony

Have a terrific voyage!

🍹

22 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

No experience in those particular cabins or the Mardi Gras. But on other ships I have been on in extreme forward cabins, the railing is metal and it completely blocked my view when seated on the balcony. For me, that was a deal breaker - I spend a lot of time sitting on the balcony and the view is an important part of the experience. If someone just likes being outdoor and doesn't care about the view, it's probably ok.

We had a clear view of crew smoking and whatever else they did on breaks, but they were far enough away we couldn't tell who they were, just how may of them were there. The area was clean, never an eyesore.

Yes, much more wind extreme forward than other locations. 

Movement doesn't bother me, but I did notice it more up there.

It is a long walk from those extreme forward cabins to anywhere  (except other extreme forward cabins, lol) so you might want to consider that for 80yo in laws.

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

thanks for the info! We rented a motorized scooter already for my father in law - my mother in law is in great shape and walks at least a mile a day (probably more than me actually and I'm an RN!!!)  

• Like 1