transfers Marseille airport and cruise port

jsn55

Apologies if I've already posted this ... sometimes I feel like an old lady wailing "I get so confused ...". 

I am looking for 3 separate transfers in Marseilles in October.  "mytransfers.com" has been recommended, but the only review I find for them in Marseilles is that they're awful.  Has anyone used 'my transfers' in Marseille?  They're hosting the World Cup when our cruise departs, so I'd like to pre-arrange our rides instead of counting on taxis.  TIA.

Trying to figure out 3 transfers- airport-hotel, hotel-port, port-airport?

I'm a dedicated DIY so I can't help you on pre-arranged. Last time in Marseille, I used the bus from the airport to Gare St Charles, hotel was walking distance, I used cruise line transfer to & from St Charles. Marseille is one port where I consider cruise line transfers. If it's World Cup time- you've already booked hotel? Maybe they have a recommendation?

Edited by Dancer Bob

13 hours ago, jsn55 said:

I am looking for 3 separate transfers in Marseilles in October.

You will already know that it could be tricky given the crowds expected in the city during that period.

I can suggest a slightly different option which could be worth considering for one of your transfers if you are struggling.

There are frequent shuttle buses (navettes) which run7/7 between the main station (Gare St Charles) and the airport  from very early morning until late at night.  From the airport you could consider a taxi to the port and there should be info on that option on the airport website or on  the Marseille port website(there is a section with cruise pax info) or elsewhere online. I do not know as have never done that, but the airport to port distance is probably no further than from the city to the port at Fos and may actually be a little shorter.

Edited by edinburgher

17 hours ago, jsn55 said:

Thanks, but I want private transfers.  1pax from airport to Cassis hotel on 2 different days, and 2 pax from Cassis to Marseille Provence cruise port.

.Only trying to help.I was only a suggestion if you are still struggling to find a driver closer to your dates and needed a "Plan B" or even a "Plan C" if you are REALLY  stuck. Not your preference but better than nothing at all.

And if no driver can be found, nor even a taxi at the airport,  there is at least a "Plan B" which others may not have. You could consider the navette/shuttle from the airport to St Charles and take the train to Cassis with a taxi from the train station there to your hotel.

In case you need this "PlanB", the airport to train station navette/shuttle stops right outside the  upper level of the station, with only a few steps from the shuttle stance  to the entrance door, possibly a dozen or so, flat with no steps. Through the door are the ticket machines and platforms. At the airport, it leaves from Stance 6 outside the terminal and you buy your ticket from the little ticket office next to the stance, unless it is either very late or very early and the ticket office is closed, in which case you pay the driver.

Given how busy the city is likely to be, could be worth remembering there is that option.

You may have more luck finding a driver or taxi to take you from Cassis to the port as there MAY be less demand from Cassis. 

If you have already booked your Cassis hotel, may be worth contacting them to ask if they know of a local person who could do this, and you never know, the same person or another might be willing to make the quite long journey to the airport to collect you and drive you to Cassis, but given the distances expect it to cost.

Such bad luck to have  a major event ongoing at the time of your visit.

Edited by edinburgher