Allure Amplification

On 9/3/2024 at 7:41 PM, RobInMN said:

Speaking of which, these items from the press-release are missing on the deck plans:

• The Mason Jar
  • Full rebranding of Wipeout Cafe to El Loco Fresh. It's still listed as "Wipe Out Cafe Featuring El Loco Fresh"
  • Rebranding of the teen area to Social298
  • Rebranding to Adventure Ocean, and the different areas listed (but lots of blank space on the deck plans in this area without names)
  • Perfect Storm and Splashaway Bay not listed

As a reminder, here is the press-release:

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1738/introducing-royal-caribbeans-100m-plus-all-out-glow-up-of-allure-of-the-seas/

Perhaps they just haven't updated the deck plans on the website?

3 hours ago, Teeara said:

Perhaps they just haven't updated the deck plans on the website?

The website is where I was comparing the deck plans pre/post amp. (there's date options). I am assuming (hoping?) they are just incomplete pool deck and above? 

Since the Crown Lounge is becoming 28 more rooms instead of The Mason Jar. I'm just not seeing where they will stick it. On Utopia, it's next to WJ, however, WJ is on 15 and there is a lot more space on that floor. Could you take part of WJ on 16 on Allure and make that The Mason Jar? I don't think you could afford to loose any WJ seating. Could they put it where the Solarium Bar is? I don't see that working either. Samba Grill appears to be staying, so it's not replacing that.

On 8/7/2024 at 7:45 PM, Another_Critic said:

I was not disagreeing, I was asking a question.  

I said: "What does the Abyss block other than BW balcony views?  You don't get much of an aft view from the BW [deck 6], even without the slide.

Apparently it also blocks views from deck 15? looking thru the BW neighborhood.

I'll be on Symphony next month and Allure (pre-AMP) in February, so I'll have to pay more attention to the aft view from various decks.

Was looking @ switching from a VR inside to one of those end BW balcony cabins on deck 9 (we’ve booked on other ships).  Have only found one picture in a review, however, with the Abyss block, it seemed to obstruct both view to water theater & the OV on opposite side of ship.  

On 9/5/2024 at 10:36 AM, RobInMN said:

The website is where I was comparing the deck plans pre/post amp. (there's date options). I am assuming (hoping?) they are just incomplete pool deck and above? 

Since the Crown Lounge is becoming 28 more rooms instead of The Mason Jar. I'm just not seeing where they will stick it. On Utopia, it's next to WJ, however, WJ is on 15 and there is a lot more space on that floor. Could you take part of WJ on 16 on Allure and make that The Mason Jar? I don't think you could afford to loose any WJ seating. Could they put it where the Solarium Bar is? I don't see that working either. Samba Grill appears to be staying, so it's not replacing that.

Yeah, I was looking at those new deck plans with the post-amp dates and I'm at a loss where they would put it, too.  I think it was next to the WJ on Wonder, too.  Had a lovely outside view.  I wouldn't mind losing Samba.  Did it on our Radiance cruise and was less than impressed.

On 9/5/2024 at 10:36 AM, RobInMN said:

I would assume that they are going to put the Mason Jar in the same place that they put Portside BBQ on Oasis. 

image.thumb.png.d1990ea49b1ed4ed872c860319563573.png

Edited by Ken at the beach

2 hours ago, Ken at the beach said:

I would assume that they are going to put the Mason Jar in the same place that they put Portside BBQ on Oasis. 

image.thumb.png.d1990ea49b1ed4ed872c860319563573.png

Ah! I've never been on Oasis, so didn't realize that's where it was. Sounds logical to me.

14 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

Ah! I've never been on Oasis, so didn't realize that's where it was. Sounds logical to me.

Yep, Oasis and Allure were built basically identical to each other.  They have already done this on Oasis so it's almost like using the same structural drawings and making some minor modifications