Just married in St. Thomas...

We just got married at the Marriott Frenchman's Reef in St. Thomas.

Does anyone have questions?

Explorer of the Seas 5/04
Holland American Veendam 3/03
Carnival Imagination 4/00
Lake Champlain Ferries 88-95

The wedding was PERFECT! (And I'm a perfectionist!)

I was nervous, as it rained all morning and our wedding was at 1pm...but at about noon, the sun came out and it was beautiful!

The "Weddings in Paradise" people at the Marriott were great. They made sure everything ran smoothly and they made you feel like it really is YOUR day (eventhough they do many weddings in one day)

We had a fairly large wedding party (10 in all), so we had 2 hospitality suites, which are simply rooms they aren't using at the time, so we got there early, relaxed and when it came time to get ready, it was convenient.

The consultant at WIP who was helping that day was Sonya, however, the main person I spoke to regarding planning was Brian. The turnover there is pretty high (I had spoken to two other consultants that I considered "mine" in less than a year)...however, I NEVER felt ignored or left in the dark. They are VERY GOOD at getting right back to you with answers.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
Meg

Thanks, it sounds like you were very satisfied with WIP. I can bet that it was a relief to see that everything went so well? Do you have any pictures available? Were the charges for having it at the Marriot very high? Did you have any food or reception included?

You did ask for questions...

Thanks,
Nancy

We did the "Royal Package" (included just about everything, I upgraded flowers, ordered more champagne and got an extra layer of cake for our 47 guests.) We got the 2003 rate because I put my deposit down last year and with all the extras it was just over $2000. Not bad AT ALL! We just did a small reception of cake and champagne immediately following the ceremony, but there was the option of a reception at the Marriott...but since we were cruising, we did a small cocktail/appetizer reception when we got back on the ship.

Email me at [email]usmani.meghan@verizon.net[/email] and I will send you some pictures and more info!

Meg

Archived