former 'zandam cruisers--question for you

babytraveler

I've gotten contradictory information on the kids area for Club HAL. I heard from HAL itself that there's a dedicated play zone with slides that look like tape dispensers. Then I read this review from Cruise Mates, copyright 2006, claiming that Zandaam has already passed through the Signature of Excellence upgrade AND THAT THERE IS NO DEDICATED KID AREA.

Can someone confirm on deny whether Zandaam currently had a dedicated kid area for Club HAL, or if they just use the facilities all over the ship?

Thanks! HAL won't answer emails.

Here's some excerpts from the article.

-----------------------------

Should Be Avoided By People Who Prefer:

A high-energy ship; top-flight Broadway-style floorshows; late-night disco; single, open seating dining; dedicated facilities for kids.

Children's Facilities:

Youth coordinator onboard to supervise the Club HAL program around the ship - there are no dedicated kids and teens facilities on this ship.

Zaandam has been fully fitted out for HAL's new "Signature of Excellence" program.

Babytraveler:

Cruise Mates doesn't do a good job of updating their information, IMO,which is why I come here for what I need to know.:) (What they appear to do is tack on new information on various ships, while not bothering to edit the old stuff.) I have communicated with another poster here, Localady, who has extensive cruising experience, both with and without her children, and she described the children's areas on Zaandam, post SOE, with enthusiasm. I picked Zaandam for my own family based on the knowledge that it has undergone the SOE upgrades, INCLUDING THE CLUB HAL AREAS (capitals for emphasis).

Babytravler, here's your new mantra:): Don't worry, don't worry, don't worry.....:)

We were on the Zaandam last spring I can tell you that there is a Kids area called club HAL. right next to it was the loft an area for teens also above that is the Oaisis an outdorr area for teens ONLY

I hope this info helps you:)

We were on the Zaandam last spring I can tell you that there is a Kids area called club HAL. right next to it was the loft an area for teens also above that is the Oaisis an outdorr area for teens ONLY

I hope this info helps you:)

I can second that (were on Zaandam for New Year's 2005-2006). Club HAL, the Loft and the video arcade are on Sports deck and the Oasis on Sky deck. That Oasis looks pretty cool too! :)

Archived