Corfu in November?

saltshell

It’s a very nice town to just explore on foot once you figure out the method you want to use to get there from the ship.  I walked it.  About 30 minutes each way.  But there were taxis and buses.  There are 2 old Venetian forts, lots of cafes and restaurants, churches, shopping, etc. Lots of places to sit and look at the water.  A nice promenade to people watch. 

• Like 2

We actually cruised to Corfu late October - like last week of October - we actually enjoyed the beach!  The water was amazingly warm, the beach was clean and the sand was very fine. 

I don't remember which beach on Corfu we went to unfortunately.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2023 at 12:44 PM, yhave1ne said:

We actually cruised to Corfu late October - like last week of October - we actually enjoyed the beach!  The water was amazingly warm, the beach was clean and the sand was very fine. 

I don't remember which beach on Corfu we went to unfortunately.

Hey @yhave1neWe're going this year Oct 29 - Nov 9; not sure exactly which day is Corfu as I don’t have itinerary handy.

Would you say a long sleeve t-shirt layered w/lightweight rain jacket is adequate?

Anything particular we need to be aware of - it's our first time to Corfu.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 12:00 AM, Haljo1935 said:

Hey @yhave1neWe're going this year Oct 29 - Nov 9; not sure exactly which day is Corfu as I don’t have itinerary handy.

Would you say a long sleeve t-shirt layered w/lightweight rain jacket is adequate?

Anything particular we need to be aware of - it's our first time to Corfu.

Thank you!

That attire is definitely appropriate.   Nothing in particular to be aware of. If you can rent a car, do so.  It was so cheap and we were able to  do all of the things that NCL offered as individual excursions.  We found the beach just riding around town.  We also went on a boat excursion around the coastline for like 60 euros for 4 people.  We did the achilleion palace tour and just enjoyed the freedom renting a car provided for us.  We got back in plenty of time and even had time to do some shopping.  It was my first cruise and I planned all of the excursions instead of going with NCL.  The savings were tremendous - instead of paying 1000+ for 4 people, I paid under 400.  Don't be afraid to be adventurous.   Just be sure to keep track of the time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, yhave1ne said:

That attire is definitely appropriate.   Nothing in particular to be aware of. If you can rent a car, do so.  It was so cheap and we were able to  do all of the things that NCL offered as individual excursions.  We found the beach just riding around town.  We also went on a boat excursion around the coastline for like 60 euros for 4 people.  We did the achilleion palace tour and just enjoyed the freedom renting a car provided for us.  We got back in plenty of time and even had time to do some shopping.  It was my first cruise and I planned all of the excursions instead of going with NCL.  The savings were tremendous - instead of paying 1000+ for 4 people, I paid under 400.  Don't be afraid to be adventurous.   Just be sure to keep track of the time. 

Where was the car rental pickup/drop off? Was it convenient to the port so walking distance? Who did you use?

So may questions and I appreciate your insights.

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Where was the car rental pickup/drop off? Was it convenient to the port so walking distance? Who did you use?

So may questions and I appreciate your insights.

The car rental was Royal car rental and it is located in the cruise port passenger terminal that you walk through when you get off the ship.  It is extremely convenient and I paid 50 to 60usd at the time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yhave1ne said:

The car rental was Royal car rental and it is located in the cruise port passenger terminal that you walk through when you get off the ship.  It is extremely convenient and I paid 50 to 60usd at the time.

Did you have an international drivers license to use?

We went to Corfu last year in early November. We had sunny weather in the 60s-70s. We did this tour with Viator: https://www.viator.com/tours/Corfu/Shore-Excursion-Leisurely-Small-Group-Tour-of-Corfu/d4279-21019P2

It was low-key and saw many of the sights on the island. We had the option to go on a short boat ride around the coast at Paleokastritsa Beach (my husband's bucket list item for Corfu) to caves.. or you could take the option for a short hike up to a monastery overlooking the bay. We had some time to go around Old Town at the end of the tour.