The shows

Diane65

I'm a first time cruiser- Miracle 7/31/04- with a 6, 9 and 12 year old. I'm just curious about the shows. Are they different shows for each night of the cruise, or is it the same show each night? Are all the shows suitable for kids? Or do they shows specifically for children?

I'm so glad I stumbled across these boards. I've already learned so much just from reading the posts.

Thanks.

Ys, there are shows every night and they are suitable for kids. We enjoy them so don't hesitate to bring your kids.

Mardi Gras 4/1988

NCL Norway 8/1990

Sensation 8/1996

Sensation 4/9/2000

Paradise 2/1/2002

Triumph 1/31/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;5;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

9/5 Paradise- Panama Canal

There are different shows every night. They usually have two performances of the show on the night it is shown so that people from the late dinner seating can see it as well.

On the Conquest in April, there were some "adult" comedy shows. They usually publish in the Capers that these are for mature audiences only.

Also, some of the dancers costumes may be too racy for really conservative tastes. It's nothing you wouldn't see on a beach, but I know some people who would have been offended by seeing it (and these people usually spend their time locked away at home, too).

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=4>

<param name="day" value=18>

<param name="hour" value=18>

</applet>

Carnival Conquest 4/18/04

Thanks for the info. At first I thought a 7 day cruise with three kids might be a little long and we'd run out of things to do, but after reading these boards, I'm beginning to think that seven days isn't enough!!

Hi Diane, and welcome to the board. When I first came here, I learned SO much, and am still learning. You might also want to check out the Ports-of-Call forum.

OK, about the shows ~~ On every Carnival cruise, there are TWO "production" shows. One is usually a "Vegas" type show (be aware that this is feathers, glitz, and yeah, thongs). The other is more family-oriented, no 'skin' to speak of. I thoroughly enjoy each show, but I don't have little ones, so you might want to think about that.

The other nights, there are magicians, comedians, talent shows. The ADULT comedy shows don't begin until midnight.

On the nights of the production shows, the EARLY show (usually at 8:30pm) is for the EARLY seating diners. The LATE show (usually at 10:30pm) is for the LATE seating diners.

Hope that helps. Any other questions, feel free to ask. Nothing is ever considered a 'silly question' here. Lotsa great folks with good advice. icon_smile.gif

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Sensation 2004

Thanks for the info. I'm sure my 9 year old daughter would love the feathers and glitz and my 6 year old son loves magic. Each day, will we recieve a list of what the days activities and entertainment will be? My husband thinks I'm nuts because I keep telling him all the great stuff I'm learning about our cruise from the message boards. LOL

You will definately not run out of things to do! We got in this morning and had a BLAST! We had kids ages 5, 10, 13 and 15 and all loved the shows. We had early dinner and went to most shows around 8:30. Even took the kids to some of the "clean" later shows. So much to do you'll wish you had booked a 2 week cruise! LOL! Have a great time! Love, Juliah

Juliah, did your older kids go off on their own a bit and do thier own things? Did they find it easy to meet the other teens on the ship? I know my oldest will have a much better time if she meets kids her own age. Sorry if I've gone off the topic here.

The cruises I've been on, the Capers for the following day is delivered to your cabin while you are at dinner. Love the Capers! icon_smile.gif

A good idea - Take a highlighter pen with you. It really helps to highlight the events you don't want to miss the next day, as there is half a page of 'happenings'.

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Sensation 2004

Archived