Kids at the Chef's Table dinner?

Cruise_Christy

Hi all. I am hoping to take my 6 year old to the Chef's Table next week. I have booked in advance. However someone has just told me the Chef's Table is adults only. I can't seem to find any mention of this. Can anyone please confirm if they have attended this with children, or attended and seen children present?

I do understand it is in the buffet, and I understand some people do not think younger children should be in a fine dining situation. However my 6 year old is incredibly looking forward to wearing his full suit and bow tie, and he's also a very adventurous eater, is excited about the possibility of lobster, and will order off the main menu without needing a children's menu. (I say this as I received a lot of criticism in a roll call about various aspects of taking a child with us to this meal). 

Anyway, I'd just like confirmation we won't get turned away, as we will go to the MDR if Chef's Table is adult only. Thanks!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cruise_Christy said:

Hi all. I am hoping to take my 6 year old to the Chef's Table next week. I have booked in advance. However someone has just told me the Chef's Table is adults only. I can't seem to find any mention of this. Can anyone please confirm if they have attended this with children, or attended and seen children present?

I do understand it is in the buffet, and I understand some people do not think younger children should be in a fine dining situation. However my 6 year old is incredibly looking forward to wearing his full suit and bow tie, and he's also a very adventurous eater, is excited about the possibility of lobster, and will order off the main menu without needing a children's menu. (I say this as I received a lot of criticism in a roll call about various aspects of taking a child with us to this meal). 

Anyway, I'd just like confirmation we won't get turned away, as we will go to the MDR if Chef's Table is adult only. Thanks!

I have no idea about the Chefs Table, but wanted to say how lovely it is to hear that your 6 year old is looking forward to putting on his formal wear and is wanting to try the different food. I think this should be encouraged and I hope he is allowed to go.

• Like 5

I cannot see why he would not be allowed to dine at the event called The Chefs Table. It is an area cordoned off in part of the buffet and in essence is really used as extra space for the MDR on formal nights and the food is the same menu as the MDR on formal nights. The main benefit of booking the Chefs Table is that by booking you are assured of a definite dining time as everyone is seated in one sitting at a given time. 

7 hours ago, purplesea said:

Sorry I'm not going to be much help but, I don't remember seeing any young children when we went to the Chef's Table on Arvia.  I had the lobster for my meal and it was not what I imagined!

20230517_212256.jpg

Oh crikey, I am getting horror flashbacks of this dish: such a crushing disappointment on almost every level.

But there were a few children at the last Chef’s Table we went to - all dressed up in their finery and behaving impeccably. It was actually nice to see.

• Like 2