Lactose Free Milk

Sailor00000

13 hours ago, Sailor00000 said:

Hi! We will be sailing on the Carnival Vista in two weeks. My son drinks lactose free milk. Do you know if they carry it? If not, do I need to call special services to attempt to bring it on? Thanks

I've seen Almond milk on the ship. Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

You can get it but you have to ask for it and it will take awhile for the staff to figure out where it is, go get it and serve you.  Most evenings we were finished with dinner before they brought it up for my grandson.  We found the staff at the coffee shop were typically willing to fill his cup and they kept a supply handy for us.  My daughter had the Cheers package and I made sure to tip them extra each time!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jandex said:

Sailing from Sydney, Australia - just last week I carried on small UHT cartons of lactose free milk. I showed them to security as I was boarding - no problem at all. 

Every port of departure is different, even if the rules are the same.

2 hours ago, leen50 said:

Every port of departure is different, even if the rules are the same.

Milk would fall into the "non-alcoholic beverage" portion of the beverage policy, meaning that you can carry on up to 12 cans/cartons of 12oz or less per person.  I'm not sure where you were going with your comment about the difference in ports of departure.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2023 at 8:59 AM, Sailor00000 said:

Hi! We will be sailing on the Carnival Vista in two weeks. My son drinks lactose free milk. Do you know if they carry it? If not, do I need to call special services to attempt to bring it on? Thanks

I think we need to recognize the difference between lactose-free milk and alternative milks (coming from someone else who is lactose intolerant 🙂).  Carnival does not have lactose-free milk; however, they do offer alternative milks.  If he is set on lactose-free milk, he should buy the shelf-stable cartons and use those as his non-alcoholic beverage allowance.  He can carry on up to 12 (per person) of 12oz or less each as long as they are in cans or cartons (no bottles).  No pre-approval necessary unless he requires more than the allotted quantity.

If your son can drink dairy-free alternative milk in place of lactose-free milk, I have been able to get almond milk each morning for breakfast on all our cruises, but we always have breakfast in the MDR.  Not sure of the availability on the Vista or other ships, but we usually cruise out of Galveston on the Dream and the Breeze.  In January, I was also able to get almond milk when we sailed on the Panorama out of Long Beach, CA.  

Hope this helps.

Happy cruising everyone.