Vancouver-where can we buy wine pre-cruise

Hi.

I'd like to buy some wine in Vancouver to bring on the ship. We're flying in from the U.S. the day before, and I believe customs only allows 1 bottle pp. Plus, I'd just as soon not pack it or carry it all the way from Massachusetts anyway. We're staying at Westin Bayshore without a car. Anyone from Vancouver know if there's a wine store nearby?

Thanks

Hi, there is one a couple of blocks down from the cruise terminal downtown and another about 6-7 blocks (on Alberni St, 1000 block I believe) from the Westin. Both offer a good selection of wines, but if you are looking for some specialty wines then you would want to go over to Davie Street and hit a couple there. If you need more help or dierctions please let me know

Instead of schlepping more luggage from the hotel to the ship, my suggestion would be to embark the ship, drop off your carry-on luggage, then leave the ship and either walk or take a taxi to the liquor store that eritouma on Alberni Street at Thurlow, buy the bottles you want and if you can't carry them all, take a taxi back to the ship. Remember that the Liquor Stores in British Columbia are government "owned". There are some other liquor outlets, but they will charge a little more. Be warned - liquor in Canada is not inexpensive. It is the taxes on alcohol and tobacco that help with our health care costs. The liquor stores will carry wines from all over the world.

• 2 weeks later...

At least I know there's some available pretty near by.

I'm not looking at buying cases or anything too exotic...just didn't want to have to schlepp it all the way from home. :)

That's a good idea to check on to the ship first, since we're arriving the day before anyway.

Thanks again!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived