Taronga Zoo accommodation

anjo

Morning,

Thinking of staying here for the night as a treat after our Coral Princess  Circumnavigation of Australia in October. 

Any comments  greatly appreciated. 

Anjo.

• 2 months later...

We stayed there for one night after our cruise ended in Sydney last February. We absolutely loved it. 

Our room was beautiful, and had a view over a closed area of the zoo. We had a koala bear in the tree just outside our balcony in the morning.  

Our stay included two tours of the zoo - one before it actually opened - and an excellent breakfast with a beautiful view.  The views from the lobby bar and restaurant are amazing.  

We also bought tickets for a concert at the outdoor amphitheater in the zoo that night (a great Abba show - not the actual Abba of course) which was so much fun. We sat on the lawn and watched the sun set over Sydney with the bridge in the background. 

We loved everything about our stay and would do it again in a heartbeat. It was a splurge, but we really felt it was worth it.  If you can do it - do it!  

2023-02-11 23.46.17.jpg

2023-02-12 01.20.54.jpg

2023-02-12 11.40.03.jpg

2023-02-12 13.37.10.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We were at zoo in November 2023 and we were disappointed with the zoo. Expected more animals. Some areas were closed.

We were going to go to San Diego zoo but picked Taronga zoo because of all comments.

On 1/11/2024 at 5:05 PM, floridababa said:

We were at zoo in November 2023 and we were disappointed with the zoo. Expected more animals. Some areas were closed.

We were going to go to San Diego zoo but picked Taronga zoo because of all comments.

That is the opposite of my experience with the Taronga Zoo on 30th of October.  I wonder what changed between my visit and yours.  We saw all the animals, got a close up experience with the kangaroos, and quokkas in the kid area as well as got talk to one of the docents who was wonderful at explaining things.  The only thing not operating was the sky gondola.  It is disappointing to not have a good visit.  I was able to visit both San Diego zoo, and Taronga zoo last year, and I think I liked the Taronga one more.  YMMV

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 5:46 PM, dreams_of_travel said:

That is the opposite of my experience with the Taronga Zoo on 30th of October.  I wonder what changed between my visit and yours.  We saw all the animals, got a close up experience with the kangaroos, and quokkas in the kid area as well as got talk to one of the docents who was wonderful at explaining things.  The only thing not operating was the sky gondola.  It is disappointing to not have a good visit.  I was able to visit both San Diego zoo, and Taronga zoo last year, and I think I liked the Taronga one more.  YMMV

Thanks for your update, we have an overnight planned at the zoo in March. Also have been to the San Diego Zoo & that's quite a compliment!

On another subject, how did you enjoy the Grand Princess? We will board in April.

Thanks, Denise  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

Thanks for your update, we have an overnight planned at the zoo in March. Also have been to the San Diego Zoo & that's quite a compliment!

On another subject, how did you enjoy the Grand Princess? We will board in April.

Thanks, Denise  

Off topic comment warning: 

I liked the Grand fine.  We had an aft Aloha inside cabin, and loved the access to the aft pool and bar area.  You just head a few cabins down the hallway, and go out the door, up the steps, and you are right outside.  We didn't miss having a balcony (I usually book a balcony) at all.  The food, staff, and ship were fine. We didn't experience any issues aside from the ship having a Norovirus outbreak which caused the self-serve laundry to be closed.  We did sink laundry for days. LOL!  Our favorite routine on the ship was to order breakfast delivered in the morning, watch the bridge-cam during coffee as we prepared for the day, walk out to our "balcony" at the aft pool area, and then hit the International Cafe for more coffee or snacks.  We had set dining every night in Boticelli dining, and had great wait staff.  Loved the Cruise Director, and would make a point to go to the evening shows just to hear her "story" after the entertainment.  I hope you have a great cruise. 😄 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, daydreamer16 said:

Thanks for your reply! Wow, never thought that the laundry would be closed for Noro! We are on for 3 weeks & that laundry will be piling up! LOL

They have to close the laundry as a precaution. Same with serving yourself anywhere on the ship. Def pack some soap powder just in case. 😉 

• Thanks 1