Checking In/ Entertainment Reservation

DZ77

Does one have to Check In before making the Entertainment Reservation at the 21 day mark? 

What does Online Check in entail?  Sounds like we enter in passport information.  

Are photos required?  If so, do you take a picture with the camera or can you upload a photo that you take beforehand?   

I am trying to figure out if I can check in for my child who will not be present.  

Is there any benefit between checking in right at the 21 day mark vs any other time before the cruise?

Thank you

5 hours ago, DZ77 said:

Does one have to Check In before making the Entertainment Reservation at the 21 day mark? 

What does Online Check in entail?  Sounds like we enter in passport information.  

Are photos required?  If so, do you take a picture with the camera or can you upload a photo that you take beforehand?   

I am trying to figure out if I can check in for my child who will not be present.  

Is there any benefit between checking in right at the 21 day mark vs any other time before the cruise?

Thank you

For doing the online check-in you need headshot photos in colour with a "calm back-ground", no glasses on, plus passport information, credit card for onboard expenses and name/tel. for emergency contacts. The benefit of checking in early is that you normally have to choose an arrival time at the pier, and the later you wait to do the online check-in the later will the arrival times to choose from be.

Can 1 adult per room check in for every one in the room or does each person need to check in under their own log in?  If you are younger than 21, does the adult in the room do the online check in for the child?

How does it work with the reservation for Entertainment? do you have to be checked in to make a show reservation or is that completely independent of online check in?

5 hours ago, DZ77 said:

Can 1 adult per room check in for every one in the room or does each person need to check in under their own log in?  If you are younger than 21, does the adult in the room do the online check in for the child?

How does it work with the reservation for Entertainment? do you have to be checked in to make a show reservation or is that completely independent of online check in?

Yes, one person can complete everyone's account (which can be time consuming).  Best to have good clear color photos of each person, Passport info, and payment method, prepared before logging into the account.  It is best to have "passenger 1" logged-in to complete the tasks, if assuming responsibility for everyone!

18 hours ago, DZ77 said:

Thank you

People try to check in exactly 21 days prior to departure. That is 12 midnight eastern time 21 days prior to departure (according to the count down click on your MyNCL account). That way you can get your preferred time to arrive at the terminal (I.e., port check in time). By the next day, you will only have afternoon check in times. 

You need all of your personal information

You need your credit card details 

You need your emergency contact person and phone. 

You need your passport information

You need passport-like mug shots (plain background, face straight on, no glasses or head covering, high resolution). Anything fancy will get rejected. 

Entertainment reservations open 26 days prior to departure for top tier latitude members. So, no, you don’t need to check in first. 

5 hours ago, DZ77 said:

You don't have to check-in before making entertainment reservations. Here's a hint: for intertainment reservations you can make them as soon as the time reaches midnight in Miami (eastern time zone). Living in the mountain west for example I booked my shows at 10 pm last night and then did the registration today. Worked out great. 

This is for the Joy from NYC in August.  

What is the latest arrival time you can select when you do the online check in?  What are the disadvantages of having a late check in time at the pier?  

From what I read on here, seems like the lines for boarding the ship are pretty long early on (for those of us with standard check in) and rooms aren't ready until later. 

Is it just Specialty dinner reservations that fill up?