Pre purchasing ferry tickets to Isle of Capri from Naples

cruiserjane

Hi Cruisers

We are a group of 6 arriving at Naples on 16 September on the Celebrity Beyond.  We are planning to take a gamble with the weather and pre purchase return ferry tickets to the Isle of Capri to avoid wasting time queuing for tickets and are anticipating large crowds.

The ship's itinerary states the ship will arrive at 7am and departs at 5pm.  We are considering pre purchasing tickets for the 8.05am ferry.  Does this sound reasonable? Has anyone had an experience whereby the cruise ship arrives later than scheduled?  Are passengers allowed off in a timely fashion? We understand that if we missed that ferry, our tickets would not be able to be used for another crossing.

In most ports passengers are allowed off within a few minutes after docking and clearance formalities -- maybe 10-15 minutes. If you have your tickets in hand I think an 8:05 ferry is probably doable.  Just look on the map before you go so you don't waste time heading in the wrong direction.

What time is the next ferry after the 8:05?

• Like 1

I think it's reasonable to go for the 8:05 ferry.  As Cruisemom suggests, "walk" the route from the cruise terminal (Stazione Marittima, Napoli) to the ferry ticket office (Molo Beverello, Napoli) on google maps prior to your trip so you'll know what to expect.  The distance is only 400 meters/two-tenths of a mile and you will need to go to the ticket office to be issued a paper ticket. 

Note that the purchase agreement for on-line tickets will say you need to appear at the ticket office 30 minutes prior to boarding time to make the exchange.  In my experience they don't hold tightly to this rule, but if there are long lines to purchase tickets who knows?  I still think you'll be okay, and if all tickets are purchased on one phone only one of the group needs to go ahead and make the exchange.

Also, the 8:05 crossing is on SNAV.  Purchase directly from them rather than through a third party to ease the process and avoid issues.

Traghetti Croazia, Sicilia e Sardegna | Aliscafi Eolie, Pontine e golfo di Napoli - Snav

If you decide to go with the 8:35 crossing, purchase from NLG:  NLG » Sito Ufficiale

Edited by euro cruiser
  • Like 1

Thanks cruisemom42 and euro cruiser for your replies and advice.  

I had heard we would be best to book directly through the ferry company but I was unsure of the reason so thanks for the explanation.

And it's good to know in advance that we still need to queue up to exchange the online ticket ticket for the paper one.  

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks again.