Family cruise to Alaska

yvr49

We are Platinum and usually choose Princess, although RCI and NCL had been recommended for this special family trip.  Having read reviews I'm thinking we will stick with Princess!  We are looking at an Inside Passage roundtrip to Vancouver in September 2024.    Skagway is essential as everyone wants to do the White Pass Railway trip.  September works best for all of us - hopefully the weather will still be good.  DH and I did Alaska several years ago in September and had great weather but I know there are no guarantees.  

Any and all comments are appreciated - especially around cruising with little guys the age of our guys: 5, 7 and 9.  Thanks.

Definitely Princess, especially their amazing Alaska-centered Discovery Kids club.

We just did the Royal Princess with our little guy (almost 5) and he did not want to ever leave the kids club. They have the best activities that are very Alaska-oriented. I did a pretty detailed review of the kids club that you can find in this forum (search, "discovery kids club"). 

In my opinion, the must haves at least for your first Alaska cruise (I have done 2) are Skagway and if possible Glacier Bay. Princess has been doing Alaska for a long time and has great programming and priority in the Ports. 

I've only ever done RT from Seattle but I hear how the inside passage from Vancouver has even better scenery. 

You never know with Alaska Weather; a few years ago, we did mid-September and lucked out with great weather but it is generally colder and rainy... but you never know. Our trip this past May was cold on a couple days but fine on other days--best tip is to pack layers and dress accordingly. 

Enjoy your trip!

Edited by SuzieQ521