Passion Island/Cozumel

jansarts

Wondering if anyone knows..I've been to Passion Island several times.Once by TWISTER BOAT, and other times by Catamaran and ferry.  I don't see any excursions by MSC to include Passion Island except  by Twister.  Don't want to do that again.. I'm sure the other times I went there was with MSC, as usual

MSC agents have no idea.

Edited by jansarts

• 2 weeks later...

Road-based trips to Passion have been a long drama for years and years.  They come and go.  The operators and whatever leasing arrangements seem to change often, etc.  The road itself is pretty rough and is more a trail of holes than road, depending on what recent storms have passed.

Then when the road ends, you still need a small boat to ferry you across the lagoon to Passion.

We love the destination, but have given up lately because of the journey.  With almost certainty, no cruiselines will offer a road-based trip.  Busses down that road are a real challenge, and I don't see them doing small-scale setups.  So if they exist, will be by searching for them independent.

And if you find em, figure out just how much to trust the "return" trip on said bumpy and isolated road, to avoid missing the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

The times we've gone, the food was included and it's a pretty basic buffet for making tacos and fajitas. The food was good, nothing super special, but since it was included, it was fine. We usually end up only snacking from the buffet - i.e. chips and queso - and then eating when we get back on the ship.

However, we've never done the catamaran and I think they end up at a different part of the beach. So, YMMV.

• Like 1