Protecting your things while snorkeling on your own

We are first time cruisers heading out on the Golden Princess on April 1 - we are really getting excited - this is our 30th anniversary and our first time away "alone" in over 28 years (okay so there will be approx 2698 other people on the ship....) Having always traveled with family and friends we are used to having someone available to "guard" our stuff while we snorkel - what do people do with their boarding pass, id's, etc. Is it safe to leave them in your beach bag? :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up a new waterproof "bag" at Walmart yesterday. They are new and there are two styles. One is a waste pouch (bum pack) or the string around the neck thingy. I tried mine out in the sink and it works good. The other plastic things noted by the others are okay, but are hard plastic and the sometimes leak. I have a few of those and always use a ziplock bag in them. These that I found yesterday a little bigger. I'll try it out and you know how they work. We are cruising April 8 on the Triumph, so you can look for my review there.

Went looking for the waterproof pouch/bag but what a surprise, I couldn't find it and couldn't find anyone to ask. Do you recall which department you found the pouch in?

Thanks

They do sell the water wallet that goes around your neck on Princess , But, the Golden Princess ran out of them last year on our S.Carib cruise.So to be safe, I would try to get one beforehand.just in case.

Have a great trip. The Golden is a nice ship:)

Archived