Island power outlet

wallyworld1059

We are booked in an Ocean View room on the Island and are wondering if there is  more than one outlet behind the bed?  Since there are two lamps it would seem to make sense there would be two outlets but...  I know there are adaptors for European style plugs with both European and  US style plugs so could plug a lamp and cpap.  But if only one outlet then that would be a problem with two lamps.  We both use a cpap and really don't want an extension cord running across the room if we don't have to.

I have seen where there was a second European-style plug and (more often) where there was only one.  Not sure where that second lamp ran to, but I've never had an issue using this adapter:

Ship Power Adapter.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/European-Adapter-Adaptor-Countries-Netherlands/dp/B008JCVF0U/ref=sr_1_19?crid=2YC72VL0V3Z7G&keywords=schuko+plug+adapter&qid=1676657828&sprefix=schuko%2Caps%2C114&sr=8-19

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Note:  This one will not allow whatever was plugged into that European-style outlet to also be plugged in... You would be without a lamp throughout the cruise.

You are correct. Your adapter would be a better choice. I was trying to envision something lighter than the heavy-duty 3-prong splitter you pictured. Would a lightweight 2-wire extension cord with a 3-receptacle block on the end work for 2 CPAP machines?  Do CPAPs usually have a ground plug? 

9 hours ago, Teechur said:

You are correct. Your adapter would be a better choice. I was trying to envision something lighter than the heavy-duty 3-prong splitter you pictured. Would a lightweight 2-wire extension cord with a 3-receptacle block on the end work for 2 CPAP machines?  Do CPAPs usually have a ground plug? 

I can't say for *all* CPAPs, but the plugs on both mine and DWs have plain 2 prong plugs, non-keyed.  I carry a different version of your first link that I got at Ace Hardware. (Couldn't find a similar item on Amazon in which to provide a link.)  There are probably 100 different ways to get you multiple sockets from the one that my adapter provides...whatever works for you is the "best one"!

• Like 1

This is what I've been carrying for several years now.  I can't find the exact item to post a link...but I'm fairly certain that I got it at Ace Hardware:

Power Plug.jpg

There's another socket on the other side, so you get 3 possible spots to plug in using a very compact space.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie