"Upgraded" cabin on Spirit is worse than our original cabin...

bstreep

Looks like mods have been at work here.  Wow.  Didn't realize that this was such a polarizing topic.

Called NCL, and they said that we'd have to talk to Vacations To Go.  So I called them this morning and our agent is working on it.

We are fine with our current "view" cabin.  Really. Not what we wanted, but that's OK. It certainly won't ruin our vacation.  Especially since I'm the one that shot himself in the foot.  Lesson learned. 

Thanks for all of the replies and ideas.

15 hours ago, EngrJones said:

They have a morgue?!  How many bodies are typically in there?  I would think that there would be just as much chance of somebody being dead in the next room due to "too much cruising" or it was just their time.

Hopefully, there is no one in the morgue.

There are medical emergencies on every cruise. You will hear an announcement of a Code Alpha or a call for a Stretcher Team. Some medical emergencies are delt with by the onboard doctors and nurses. Some require passengers to be taken to hospitals at the next port of call. Some require very dangerous medivacs (with helicopters hovering feet away from the ship while the ship is cruising). And unfortunately, some result in the death. Very very sad and not something we joke about. 

May 2023 The Encore diverted and made an unscheduled stop in Nassau to allow an ill passenger to be disembarked and taken to a hospital 

image.png.7d3ab13314ae0871a83c1d39a32fb15b.png

August 2021 The Encore diverted nearly 1/2 a day to get close enough to land for the Canadian Coast Guard to come and pick up an ill passenger 

image.png.e17f72a93564cad8eb8fb1c0e5d5a9f1.png

The Escape diverted at 2 am off the coast of Puerto Rico. US Coast Guard hovering a few feet from our forward facing window. 

image.png.9c922f119c7f5c8486b887818fddb068.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2023 at 6:25 PM, EngrJones said:

They have a morgue?!  How many bodies are typically in there?  I would think that there would be just as much chance of somebody being dead in the next room due to "too much cruising" or it was just their time.

They have a limit on the number of bodies they can hold in the morgue. If they get too many, they throw the extras overboard. Usually FIFO (first in, first out.)

Same with the brig, although for that they throw the worst crimes overboard first, not by order arrested. Usually you are safe if drunk and disorderly, but completely hosed if assault and battery, or attempted murder, or worse.

[Do I really have to say I'm totally kidding? 😄]

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So.  After talking with our VTG rep, we've decided to stay put. To go to a balcony, we would triple the cost of the trip - and about 5X the upgrade cost on Royal Caribbean.  He was on the phone with us and RCL.  They claimed no better available OV cabins, but you can book one today on deck 8.  Plenty of balcony cabins available on 2 decks.  Hmm. 

Based upon recent reports from this ship, we will probably sail at about 80%.

Edited by bstreep

1 hour ago, SeekingKillerWhales! said:

They have a limit on the number of bodies they can hold in the morgue. If they get too many, they throw the extras overboard. Usually FIFO (first in, first out.)

Same with the brig, although for that they throw the worst crimes overboard first, not by order arrested. Usually you are safe if drunk and disorderly, but completely hosed if assault and battery, or attempted murder, or worse.

I didn't have to.😄

[Do I really have to say I'm totally kidding? 😄]

I didn't have to.

Edited by EngrJones

1 hour ago, bstreep said:

So.  After talking with our VTG rep, we've decided to stay put. To go to a balcony, we would triple the cost of the trip - and about 5X the upgrade cost on Royal Caribbean.  He was on the phone with us and RCL.  They claimed no better available OV cabins, but you can book one today on deck 8.  Plenty of balcony cabins available on 2 decks.  Hmm. 

Based upon recent reports from this ship, we will probably sail at about 80%.

If you are miserable on the Spirit with this cabin upgrade, there are people on the ship who can ease your pain. 

Magnums   Jane, Cherryl and Made.  Jane can sing. 

Spinnakers. Made and many others

Henry’s Pub. Froilan and Orlando   Orlando can sing, too. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Seas2mountains said:

If you are miserable on the Spirit with this cabin upgrade, there are people on the ship who can ease your pain. 

Magnums   Jane, Cherryl and Made.  Jane can sing. 

Spinnakers. Made and many others

Henry’s Pub. Froilan and Orlando   Orlando can sing, too. 

Wait!  Is Cherryl THIS Cherryl?  If so, our cruise is gonna be great! IMG_0585.thumb.JPG.25ff410b5702a0eea54da64fd2b77075.JPG

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bstreep said:

No.  Way!!!!   She's fantastic.  Can't wait to see her again.  Anyone know:  Can we bring her flowers or some other gift? 

You can definitely bring a gift as long as it's anything a passenger is allowed to bring on board.

• Like 1