Dubrovnik Pass - where to pick up bus tickets?

We will be arriving in Dubrovnik on a cruise and we bought the Dubrovnik Pass for the city wall entry and free bus tickets. From the official website and other blogs, it looks like we have to pick up the bus ticket as a Libertas kiosk. The Libertas at the Grawe bus stop seems to be the closest to the port (about 15 min walk). Does anyone know if it's possible to pick up the tickets at the cruise terminal?

Also, the ticket does say "bus tickets can be obtained on board the buses during the initial journey" but I don't see this discussed online anywhere. Can anyone confirm that we don't actually have to go to a Libertas kiosk to get the tickets anymore?

5 hours ago, dunedain said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to pick up the tickets at the cruise terminal?

Sorry, no definitive "yes" or " no".

This pass is sold all over the place as you can buy it at hotels and other locations including museums and other sights. If it works in a similar way to city passes in other countries, the seller gets a small commission from each sale, but I do not know the ins and outs of the Dubrovnik Pass, as  despite visiting seven times we never felt the need for one.Your quote above indicates it could also have been bought from the driver of the first bus you boarded, but as you have already bought it, you will need to collect it from the location given you by the seller, unless you can e-mail them and ask if there is an alternative closer to Gruz cruise port.

Or nowadays, would it be possible to have an electronic one on your phone? That could also be worth asking. if so, you would perhaps only need to use your phone and a QR Code.  I honestly do not know, but again suggest you contact the seller and ask

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1

Thanks, oops not sure why I didn't think of contacting the seller! Here's their response and they confirmed I can just pick it up on the bus:

"Thank you for your purchase, you can pick up your bus ticket in the bus during the initial journey, bus driver will scan you digital Pass and give you bus ticket. Please keep your bus ticket you have collected as reissuing is not possible."

16 hours ago, dunedain said:

, oops not sure why I didn't think of contacting the seller!

No worries as you now have your answer. Will be so much easier for you.

Be aware that the buses to Pile go from the main road outside the port gates and not from inside the adjacent bus station.  Sames side of the main road as the bus station and port to go into town, so do not cross over. Opposite side is where you will get off on the return to port..

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/23/2023 at 8:28 AM, dunedain said:

Thanks, oops not sure why I didn't think of contacting the seller! Here's their response and they confirmed I can just pick it up on the bus:

"Thank you for your purchase, you can pick up your bus ticket in the bus during the initial journey, bus driver will scan you digital Pass and give you bus ticket. Please keep your bus ticket you have collected as reissuing is not possible."

We were not able to activate our bus pass at the bus stop right outside the cruise port. I didn't know that a bus driver would have been able to activate the digital pass on the bus itself. That would have been nice to know as we ended up buying a one-way ticket to Old Town from Port Gruz. One tip with the Dubrovnik Pass--we ended up walking the walls first, then we went to the museums, and lastly decided to go to the Fortress... which was closing in 5 minutes. Make sure you verify the hours for the places you want to go.