Carnival Venezia May 17, 2024

We were on the June 19 sailing which was an 8 day with all the same ports except we did not go to Nassau.  Enjoyed the ship especially the 11th floor "living room" area, a great covered place to hang out, read or even nap, while still hearing the sounds of the Lido deck.  Marq was the cruise director and we would enjoy having him again if he is aboard.  Also have the 12 day in February booked to escape the NE winter for awhile.  This is our homeport and just a short ride to the terminal.  Who else is joining the sailing?

• Like 1

I'm booked.  My first solo cruise!  I am also a bit nervous b/c of all the negative reviews so I'm trying to keep my expectations in check.  This is my first time back on Carnival in about 20 years (all Royal Caribbean since then except for 2 on NCL).

On 7/23/2023 at 5:44 AM, nycruise1 said:

We were on the June 19 sailing which was an 8 day with all the same ports except we did not go to Nassau.  Enjoyed the ship especially the 11th floor "living room" area, a great covered place to hang out, read or even nap, while still hearing the sounds of the Lido deck.  Marq was the cruise director and we would enjoy having him again if he is aboard.  Also have the 12 day in February booked to escape the NE winter for awhile.  This is our homeport and just a short ride to the terminal.  Who else is joining the sailing?

This will be our first Carnival Cruise along with another couple their first also. Glad to hear your review and you’re going again, I read some good and not so good reviews. I like finding out for myself but this is reassuring.

Looking forward to going to a couple ports I’ve never been too.

• 3 weeks later...

I booked this currently as a solo - hoping to get my brothers to join me.  I am taking Amtrak in and out of NY too (from CT) - seems like an easy way to get to/from NY without mortgaging my house to pay for parking.  I am also booked on the Venezia in January and February so I can relate my experience with the ship after those cruises.  BTW, my experience cruising is if you show up with a go with the flow attitude and are ready to be flexible you will have a good time.  If you look for things to be upset about you will find them but if you look for things to enjoy you will find them.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 7:32 PM, jdog99 said:

I booked this currently as a solo - hoping to get my brothers to join me.  I am taking Amtrak in and out of NY too (from CT) - seems like an easy way to get to/from NY without mortgaging my house to pay for parking.  I am also booked on the Venezia in January and February so I can relate my experience with the ship after those cruises.  BTW, my experience cruising is if you show up with a go with the flow attitude and are ready to be flexible you will have a good time.  If you look for things to be upset about you will find them but if you look for things to enjoy you will find them.

Jim

Absolutely agree. We have had people tell us not to go. I will make my own opinions when I go. I don’t  usually listen, because the people that do complain are usually the ones who complain about every little thing. 

4 hours ago, sawyershane said:

Absolutely agree. We have had people tell us not to go. I will make my own opinions when I go. I don’t  usually listen, because the people that do complain are usually the ones who complain about every little thing. 

I see that this will be your first Carnival cruise.  Each cruise line has a distinct personality and I enjoy the vibe and personality of all of them.  Holland tends to be a quieter cruise with older guests while Carnival tends to foster a louder party atmosphere and Royal Caribbean and Norwegian are between the two with a more family vibe.  A positive outlook makes all the difference between finding enjoyment or misery.

Jim 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all! DW and I just booked this cruise to celebrate out anniversary during the cruise. We normall sail on NCL (check out my cruise history) but have done several Carnival cruises. We were on the Venezia back on Aug 31 - Sept 7, also out of NYC. Since NYC scholls were still out at that time there were many families on the ship and there were complanints about the behavior of both kids and adults, but it did not bother me. The ship is beautiful and has many options. I spent much of my time at the Legends bar where I met a great group of people.

On another note, I checked out the other site that remain namless, for groups for this sailing. There were two. I asked to join both, the smaller one had no questions so I was in immediately. The larger one had three questions to join which I answered. The group admin gets back to me and says they cannot approve me because they need more pictures to prove I'm not a scammer.  This threw me so I sent an message asking for an explanation but got no answer. If anyone here is a member of that group can you ask the admin to reply to me, TIA.

Charlie.

On 11/6/2023 at 4:42 PM, silverc243 said:

On another note, I checked out the other site that remain namless, for groups for this sailing. There were two. I asked to join both, the smaller one had no questions so I was in immediately. The larger one had three questions to join which I answered. The group admin gets back to me and says they cannot approve me because they need more pictures to prove I'm not a scammer.  This threw me so I sent an message asking for an explanation but got no answer. If anyone here is a member of that group can you ask the admin to reply to me, TIA.

Charlie.

I would be happy to but I think I would need your profile name for that group?  I had something similar happen to me and after some up and back with her she approved me.

34 minutes ago, nycruise1 said:

I would be happy to but I think I would need your profile name for that group?  I had something similar happen to me and after some up and back with her she approved me.

Thanks but I finally got a response and all is good now.

Charlie.

Happy Thirsty Thursday from Metuchen, NJ. Most Thursday’s my wife is out with the girls playing Mah Jongg so I head to my local pub for some dinner and beer and make believe I’m back on a cruise (I’ve been on move than 75 mostly on NCL though). Cheers!

Charlie.

IMG_3508.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2023 at 2:42 PM, silverc243 said:

Hi all! DW and I just booked this cruise to celebrate out anniversary during the cruise. We normall sail on NCL (check out my cruise history) but have done several Carnival cruises. We were on the Venezia back on Aug 31 - Sept 7, also out of NYC. Since NYC scholls were still out at that time there were many families on the ship and there were complanints about the behavior of both kids and adults, but it did not bother me. The ship is beautiful and has many options. I spent much of my time at the Legends bar where I met a great group of people.

Charlie.

Charlie, I had the same thing happen.  I asked to join the group and the moderator (if that's the correct term) responded that I had no pictures on my profile and was I a scammer.  I assured her I wasn't a scammer, gave her my username on here and directed her to my profile/posts on CC and this thread specifically.  So, it's not just you!  (For the record, I only use that other site to sell things on their "marketplace" and for MyVegas.)

• 1 month later...

Hello, I will be on this cruise with my 3 girl friends. First time out of NY and First time on the Venezia. I am an avid Carnival Cruiser - very much looking forward to this.

It seems these "roll calls" attendance is scarce this days... I have another cruise booked for 03/02 on Carnival Mardi Gras and it had one person asking a question and not even a roll call. 

I did look up the "other" group and will see how it goes 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Back from the February Journeys cruise and LOVED it.  I think it helped that this was our second time on Venezia and we were more familiar with it.  Also was a bit more sedate, being 12 days and requiring 2 full weeks off from work, with a more mature crowd.  Definitely looking forward to this cruise in May and those longer, warmer days.

• Like 3

We are Carnival cruisers and this booking on the Venezia will be over our 30th wedding anniversary and DH becoming Diamond.  #excited to go!  

See ya'll there!  

• Like 2

On 3/10/2024 at 10:19 PM, nottypixz said:

We are Carnival cruisers and this booking on the Venezia will be over our 30th wedding anniversary and DH becoming Diamond.  #excited to go!  

See ya'll there!  

Congratulations! My wife and I will be celebrating our 47th anniversary on this cruise.

Charlie.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Booked a few months back.  Called and upgraded to a deck 5 Terrazza Cabana 3 weeks ago.  DW and I are both mid-gold, haven't done shorter than an 8 day in the last three cruises.

Really looking forward to the ship.  We've been to every stop but Amber Cove so that will be a treat.

Edited by WIFamily
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2023 at 3:23 PM, jdog99 said:

I see that this will be your first Carnival cruise.  Each cruise line has a distinct personality and I enjoy the vibe and personality of all of them.  Holland tends to be a quieter cruise with older guests while Carnival tends to foster a louder party atmosphere and Royal Caribbean and Norwegian are between the two with a more family vibe.  A positive outlook makes all the difference between finding enjoyment or misery.

Jim 

Agreed!