Flam shore excursions

Hi,

We will be in Flam, July 9,2024 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on RCCL Anthem of the Sea.   We were wondering if there is a reputable tour company that can take us to the Stegastein Viewpoint and the Tvinde Waterfalls.   Or what are our options for transportation that include those 2 spots?  or other suggestions of must sees in Flam?

Thanks in advance for any comments!

Edited by elsplace2

There are frequent buses going to Stegastein. https://www.norwaysbest.com/globalassets/pdf/rutetider/rutetider-2023/bus-stegastein---prest-2023.pdf

Since Flam is a small village I am not sure about  tours from Flam. I know Tvinde waterfall is closer to Voss. However on Tripadvisor I found this: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g616213-d1887766-r133688409-Tvindefossen-Voss_Municipality_Hordaland_Western_Norway.html

Flam is surprisingly Vacationer friendly. Lots if info signs and staff ready to answer your questions. 

Here is the area you can purchase same day trip's or ask about an existing reservation you have.

image.thumb.png.8a3db84b81215a2dbac4aa88004766de.png

Great signage with info about buses where to line up and what time they leave.

image.thumb.png.bf3c1ffa50c5961aa7797fcf939ae949.png

I would purchase my excursions beforehand. Norwaysbest website has a lot of excursions that are bookable.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that I should purchase my Flåm Railway tickets in advance cause they sell out quickly. Does the same apply to the bus to the Stegastein Viewpoint? My point is that if there is bad weather/fog, I don't think the Stegastein Viewpoint will be worth it and I would rather purchase those tickets the same day on site.

14 hours ago, marianoam said:

I know that I should purchase my Flåm Railway tickets in advance cause they sell out quickly. Does the same apply to the bus to the Stegastein Viewpoint? My point is that if there is bad weather/fog, I don't think the Stegastein Viewpoint will be worth it and I would rather purchase those tickets the same day on site.

When I was there last week, there were 2 ships in port so it was extra busy. 

There were still spots for the buses to the Stegastein Viewpoint.  Not a huge number, but not Sold Out (the train journeys were sold out when I got to the ticket center at 11am). 

Though I spoke to someone on the ship who was able to get a train ticket that morning (they left the ship earlier than I did).  Apparently, there were still a few spots left that morning (even though online, the night before, it said the train journeys were all "sold out"). 

Another thing I realized is to keep checking the Norway Best website for tickets.  I had checked every day for a month before my plane trip, but a few days before the Flam stop, finally, some train seats opened up.  It was just a bit difficult to buy with spotty public wifi.

Edited by blakejared
  • Like 1