Booking a car rental from a bigbox store, rental company is no longer an available option -- what does that mean? PC rental

xcell

My flight on disembarkation is not until 8pm, so I thought I would rent a car from port canaveral and then see some sights (outlet shopping) before heading to the airport (better than sitting at the airport for 10 hours).

I reserved my car from one of thos big box stores and Alamo was the best rate.

I have been checking back to see if the rates have changed and it looks like Alamo is off their list of available car rentals (Avis and Budget remains).  Does that mean there are no more cars for Alamo to rent (then the concern is having a car when I get there) or Alamo is entirely not renting cars from port canaveral that day.

I guess my last option is just to uber from PC to MCO and sit around for 10 hours.

• 2 weeks later...

It's highly unlikely your reservation got cancelled if your big box store no longer offers Alamo as a vendor. But as suggested above, simply call them and ask. But you can also go to Expedia and Hotwire to look at rates from every rental company all at one time. The number of rental companies at Port Canaaveal/Cape Canaveral is very limited compared to all the companies at Orlando International so there's not a lot of choices to begin with. But I'm betting your Alamo/Enterprise res is still valid and it's a good idea to verify.

I have the same situation, and the problem seems to be that Alamo is closed on certain days for pickups.  I do not know why, but I am unable to book directly with Alamo or through the Big Box for my return to Port Canaveral.  Budget and Avis are both still responsive.  So, my guess is that your reservation is cancelled.  I would book with Avis.

I would not just guess if it was cancelled. I would want the straight answer directly from Alamo.  Sure would suck to guess and then find out it wasn't, then have to pay for it plus any other reservation you might make.