Would you recommend a UAE/Oman cruise?

Analog187

Trying to plan out the rest of my year and I noticed MSC has some cruises in November and December that visit the UAE and Oman.  I've always wanted to go to these countries as they seem really interesting.  The price is pretty good too.  So I think a cruise would be an easy way to explore this area.  I don't know anyone that's actually been on a cruise in this area so I was just wondering if there were any recommendations.  Is this a great area to cruise or no?  Only other option that time of year in that area is Seabourn so I thought that was a little bit of a possible red flag.   Been on over 40 cruises.  Over the last 15 months we'll have gone to Alaska, the Med, Norway and Spain/Portugal (in September).  Thanks in advance.  

Have you been on MSC before? It's very different from Seabourne. Costa also positions a ship in Dubai over the winter.

If you're interested in these countries no reason not to visit. Remember 8-hour time change so a few days in Dubai (or wherever) is recommended.

3 hours ago, Dancer Bob said:

Have you been on MSC before? It's very different from Seabourne. Costa also positions a ship in Dubai over the winter.

If you're interested in these countries no reason not to visit. Remember 8-hour time change so a few days in Dubai (or wherever) is recommended.

Never been on either but I am familiar with both.  Not trying to compare the two, just surprised that there's no other lines sailing around that time.  Makes me question whether these cruises are popular enough.  I wasn't even really thinking about cruising this area anytime soon but I found a really good deal on MSC for a date that works for me but  I've heard nothing but horror stories.  So on the fence as to whether I should roll the dice and cross that area of the world off my list or should I do something else.  

If you're looking for only-slightly-different-from-home, Western Europe is a better choice. Something more exotic, Arabian Peninsula is fine. Costa and MSC position a ship there all winter, so you are more flexible on dates. Sir Bani Yas island, the ship stopped at the Nature Preserve, not the tourist area. Salalah I nominate for one of the worst ports in the world, but that stop was only on the repositioning back to Europe.

Based on my experience, I do not recommend the site that Arkansascruisers used.

Edited by Dancer Bob