One way travel insurance - Barcelona to US - US citizen

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase one way flight insurance, in case I need to cancel my trip. We are US residents, but our flights over to Europe were purchased using miles, and we do not need insurance for that. Coming home, we are flying from Barcelona to the US. My beginning travel date and my end travel date would be the same. Is this the correct way to purchase insurance to cover us in the event that we have to cancel our flight? 

5 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase one way flight insurance, in case I need to cancel my trip. We are US residents, but our flights over to Europe were purchased using miles, and we do not need insurance for that. Coming home, we are flying from Barcelona to the US. My beginning travel date and my end travel date would be the same. Is this the correct way to purchase insurance to cover us in the event that we have to cancel our flight? 

Hi CruisingSince1982,

> Is this the correct way to purchase insurance to cover us in the event that we have to cancel our flight? 

No. You have to cover the round-trip dates before you leave home. Your flights purchased using miles count as a $0 trip cost.

Steve Dasseos

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi CruisingSince1982,

> Is this the correct way to purchase insurance to cover us in the event that we have to cancel our flight? 

No. You have to cover the round-trip dates before you leave home. Your flights purchased using miles count as a $0 trip cost.

Steve Dasseos

Thank you