Aurora outside cabin

Megabear2

I have a friend looking at one of these and she asked if they're real windows or portholes.  Never having managed to cruise on her I've no idea!

Any help on this and best ones to look at much appreciated.

Thanks

34 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I have a friend looking at one of these and she asked if they're real windows or portholes.  Never having managed to cruise on her I've no idea!

Thanks

All the outside cabins I’ve had on D deck and E deck have had big square windows.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gsmt47471015 said:

We had cabin C101 at the front overlooking the bow and it was a full picture window , some people will not like been that far forward but it never bothers us.  

We also had that cabin and would book it again if it was available when we wanted to go.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We also had that cabin and would book it again if it was available when we wanted to go.

We have for summer 2025 and also the one next door for the 65night 2025 cruise, so much natural light but very little passenger/crew disturbance, but as stated earlier been at the front of the ship will not suit everybody

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gsmt47471015 said:

We had cabin C101 at the front overlooking the bow and it was a full picture window , some people will not like been that far forward but it never bothers us.  

Likewise C101  😀 Also no pubic access to deck outside. 

IMG_0035.jpeg

IMG_0036.jpeg

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Thanks

I think all of the passenger outside cabins have proper windows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jh1809 said:

I think all of the passenger outside cabins have proper windows.

That’s my understanding too. Port holes are only in crew cabins (other than those whose cabins are below the water line 😂)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

No idea John. It was tongue in cheek - hence the emoji. 

Never mind the crew I can confirm Deck 2 Queen Mary 2 single cabins can often seem to be below the water line in bad weather on a Winter Atlantic crossing!

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Never mind the crew I can confirm Deck 2 Queen Mary 2 single cabins can often seem to be below the water line in bad weather on a Winter Atlantic crossing!

The first river cruise I ever did, about 10 years ago, it turned out that my cabin in the lowest deck was below the water line. I discovered when trying to asleep overnight that water is a very good conductor of sound, so I wished that I had brought ear plugs to keep out the noise from the screws and from locks filling and emptying.

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Thank you for all the help with this.  My friend is very close to booking C101 which is available for rye cruise she is interested in as it is available.  

The only snag with those forward cabins on C deck is that if a musical act or the Headliners are on in the theatre you get quite a bit of noise coming up into the cabin. Only really a problem if you're "early to bed" people, I suppose.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jh1809 said:

The only snag with those forward cabins on C deck is that if a musical act or the Headliners are on in the theatre you get quite a bit of noise coming up into the cabin. Only really a problem if you're "early to bed" people, I suppose.

We are early to bed people but have not had a problem with noise coming up from the theatre on Aurora and we have been in C101 twice on Aurora, but we had a forward cabin on Ventura when we made a late booking and the noise from the theatre was horrendous.  I suppose it depends on the shows.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We are early to bed people but have not had a problem with noise coming up from the theatre on Aurora and we have been in C101 twice on Aurora, but we had a forward cabin on Ventura when we made a late booking and the noise from the theatre was horrendous.  I suppose it depends on the shows.

Are you sure your cabin was C101, as you say "we" but I thought that was a single cabin. I was in C102, the corresponding cabin to C101 but on the opposite side of the ship, and that was certainly categorised as a single, even though it had either adjacent twin beds or a double (I can't remember which.)

19 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

Are you sure your cabin was C101, as you say "we" but I thought that was a single cabin. I was in C102, the corresponding cabin to C101 but on the opposite side of the ship, and that was certainly categorised as a single, even though it had either adjacent twin beds or a double (I can't remember which.)

How  long ago was this?

The reason I ask is that when I first started sailing solo with P&O on Oriana and Aurora some specific cabins were sold as single cabins and marked on the deck plans as single cabins even though they were in fact double cabins for single occupancy. Then at some time their policy changed and "single" cabins ceased to be marketed in favour of doubles for single occupancy.

18 hours ago, jh1809 said:

Yes we did hear the noise from the theatre, not intrusively loud as we often went back to our cabin around 18.00 for a drink before showering and we then knew what songs would be in the show that evening! As we were never back in the cabin before 23.30 it was not a problem 😀

4 hours ago, davecttr said:

The latest Aurora 2023 deck plans from P&O show C102 and C105 as singles, C100,101 and 103 are standard outsides. 102 and 105 are smaller than the others

Ah, looks like it was my mistake then. I'd thought that C101 was the mirror image of C102. Sorry about that.