Internet Package - 4 Devices

jjt

Is the package really for 4 devices, or is it for 4 simultaneous logins? I ask because people in our group might be using their phone sometimes but their computer at other times. I'm hoping this package would work for 4 people as long as they are only logged in to one device each at a time. Thanks!

The 4 devices is for a maximum 4 different devices active/logged in at a time. There is a cruise line(not princess) where you are logged into that particular device only and are not able to switch to a different device, say from a phone to a tablet or laptop.

The login credentials are the cabin # and the birthdate of the person with the 4 device plan. Does not matter if the persons logging in are in that same cabin or are related. Once 4 devices are ‘activated’, if you try to login on another device, it will show the 4 devices and ask which one would you like to ‘swap’. 

So you are not tied to a particular device and can switch among your devices.

• Like 1

If you are only using one device at a time you can go with the single device option.  It is just when you register a new device the previously connected device gets kicked off.  You can even share the single device plan between multiple people.  They just need to coordinate who gets to use the connection when,  Since any new connection kicks off the previously connected device.

The package is for 4 simultaneous logins, unlimited number of devices, with the caveat that once you reach the limit of 4, one device will be kicked off.  

It's totally worth purchasing the 4 device plan for $40 per day under one person and letting 3 other people in your party mooch of that plan.  You end up paying $10 per person per day ($5 for P/E) instead of $15 per person per day($7.50 P/E).  If you do this, all must use the same login credentials, which is the cabin number and birthday, of the person who purchased.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, antsp said:

If you are all together, you can just use one device, and everyone tether from that. 

Everyone's phone may not be capable of doing this...I know for a fact that one of my older Android phones could not do it.

On 7/30/2023 at 1:13 AM, antsp said:

If you are all together, you can just use one device, and everyone tether from that. 

As the saying goes - you learn something every day

I was under the impression that I I can allow tethering if my source of data is a cellular connection but not if the source of data is WiFi.  Anyone know if Apple phones can tether WiFi to WiFi?

1 hour ago, Yowman said:

As the saying goes - you learn something every day

I was under the impression that I I can allow tethering if my source of data is a cellular connection but not if the source of data is WiFi.  Anyone know if Apple phones can tether WiFi to WiFi?

I also thought I could only tether/hotspot from cellular too. not off of Wi-Fi

id also love to know if you can tether WiFi with limited device allowance from apple device to apple device. Because that sounds too good to be true