Main dining room favorite dish

lssg

It has been many years since we cruised on princess.  What are your favorites to order on the menu in the main dining room?   I remember loving their vegetarian dishes and pasta dishes

Whether as an appetiser or main I love the Fettuccine. Onion soup is always a good bet.

On our cruise on Enchanted I had a filet mignon on the Formal night, really tender, in fact I enjoyed it more than the one I had in the Crown Grill on Regal a couple of years ago

The beef wellington the other eve was superb. But very partial to the meatballs and the onion soup. Really hated the Fettuccini Alfredo: the most bland sauces I’ve ever had. Not even rescued by adding more Parmesan. I tried it later on the cruise when my OH ordered it in case it was a poor one-off, but no! Otherwise, very impressed with the MDR fayre compared to the MDR food on another cruise line I use 

All time favorite, the Ernesto Burger. Oops that's gone. Second favorite Curtis Stone's Chicken Pot Pie. Oh, that's gone too. All good things come to an end.

On the opposite end, worst thing served that sticks around, the veggie burger at Salty Dog Grill. I understand why it is offered, but it is the worst i've tried.

The unexplained. How is it possible to make consistently bad breakfast biscuits given their resources.

The chicken korma served on the first sea day at lunch is so awesome.  Some ships do it better than others and some have a larger selection of condiments for it.  I get extra almonds, extra jalapeños, cilantro, green onions and a dab of mango chutney!  Oooo yummm!  I think the best was on the Discovery and the Emerald.  

Also, the lemon pan seared filet of sole on the last sea day for lunch is also superb.  

We’ve more or less stopped going to the MDR for dinner.  We just have a nice lunch and just have some nibbles for dinner.  

• Like 1