Celebrity doesn't want my Money??

BridgeMates

Hi, we've dealt with many TA's over the years, including this one that starts with a V.

Paid our Final payment to the TA 2 days ago but it still hasn't been charged to our credit card.

The actual "Celebrity"  Final date isn't until Aug 4.

Don't think this has ever happened to us.  Usually everyone takes their money as fast as you charge it, even if ahead of Final payment date.

The TA told me he has sent our payment to Celebrity.

There are two other couples in our group and same thing with them.  No charge yet.

I will call on Monday but just wonder if anyone has experienced this before.

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

Hi, we've dealt with many TA's over the years, including this one that starts with a V.

Paid our Final payment to the TA 2 days ago but it still hasn't been charged to our credit card.

Don't think this has ever happened to us.  Usually everyone takes their money as fast as you charge it, even if ahead of Final payment date.

There are two other couples in our group and same thing with them.  No charge yet.

Thanks.

Watch your charge card!  This happened to me a few weeks ago!  My TA called Celebrity and they stated payment never came through so they did the charge.  Then I was charged twice!  I was scrambling to put a payment on my CC as I was over my limit!  As fast as those charges appeared on my credit card it took over a week for the reversal!  

Just now, bjahil47 said:

Watch your charge card!  This happened to me a few weeks ago!  My TA called Celebrity and they stated payment never came through so they did the charge.  Then I was charged twice!  I was scrambling to put a payment on my CC as I was over my limit!  As fast as those charges appeared on my credit card it took over a week for the reversal!  

I know this is very unusual; but here it happened to you too.   Thanks for the warning.

Most TAs ask for payment a few days or a week before final payment due to the lag in time that it takes for the TA to collect the payment then send it to X. They want to make sure that you don't miss the cutoff date and have your cruise cancelled.

I wouldn't worry about it until Aug 3. If your TA can send you an updated invoice showing that you have paid them, that would ease your mind as you have something in writing confirming your payment. It's only been a few days, plus the weekend; things can move slowly. I totally understand your concern (I would be too), but do think it will work out if you just let "the process" unfold.

Let us know how it turns out!

• Like 1

I know it’s a different situation, but I have booked directly with Celebrity for many years now , the moment I pay on the Celebrity website the charges show up in my pending charges, soon to be transferred to confirmed charges.

Most likely you will be fine , I hope you have a great cruise 🚢 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BridgeMates said:

Thanks.

So you sent a payment to your travel agent on Friday and now on Sunday, you are worried Celebrity hasn't charged your card yet?   It's the weekend.  And when you work through a travel agent, there are a few steps in between you giving your credit card and it getting charged.  I wouldn't stress. I personally wouldn't follow up until August 2 or 3 although I suspect it will get charged before then.