Corking Fee question

zoe

I have never "opened" it myself...But we have brought it in the dining room twic.

Once on Princess and were charge the fee.

The only other time we brought it to dinner was on the Voyager. We brought two bottles. The Maitre 'D (sp?) must have felt bad for not remembering us from a couple of months prior and never charged us the fee.

Our waiter did tell us we should have snuck it in without the Maitre 'D seeing it. He said then he could have gotten around the fee. I guess the waiters can sneek around it if possible :) We learned our lesson...hide it and hand it to the waiter..... Better chance of not being charged.

Bobbie

I was never charged a corking fee on any cruise. The first couple of times, we just bought the gift bottle from our travel agent to dinner. Then on our last couple of cruises, we brought wine from home to be served with dinner, enough for every night of the cruise, and were still never charged. However, we never gave the bottle to the maitre'd, always to our waiter.

We usually get a bottle of wine in our room from our TA. We ask the room attendent for a corkscrew and we have always gotten one. It is not the best corkscrew. Last time we had a hard time getting the cork out. It took both of us, I had to hold the bottle and DH pulled. I was afraid he would go flying across the room when the cork finally came out and spatter wine everywhere, but we finally got it.

Jan

We have opened our wine in the cabin(brought our own cork screw) and took it to the dining room and no we were not charged the corkage fee.

We walked into the dining room with a glass of wine in our hand and dh had the bottle in the other hand. No problem!

Archived