Kayaks on Labadee

18 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

No. 

That’s disappointing. The only one I see on our cruise planner involves much more than our girls want, including a visit to a village. I’d prefer they just be able to kayak.

29 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

That’s disappointing. The only one I see on our cruise planner involves much more than our girls want, including a visit to a village. I’d prefer they just be able to kayak.

For safety reasons they only do the guided excursion. How old are your girls? There is a water park, a Zip line and a roller coaster. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

For safety reasons they only do the guided excursion. How old are your girls? There is a water park, a Zip line and a roller coaster. 

They’re 19 and 20. We have the mountain coaster reserved for them. They’d like to do the zip line but I’ve never seen it on the planner. The cruise is about 5 months away. I’m wondering if I missed it, or it hasn’t been listed yet.

1 hour ago, erinsmom03 said:

Charles is probably right about safety.

We did the tour about 5-6 years ago.  We went out around the point to another cove - out of sight but adjacent to the Labadee beach.  Ocean kayaking is always tougher than kayaking on a lake!  The locals at the next cove had merchandise and we felt quilted into buying something.

10 minutes ago, MD_Dan said:

We did the tour about 5-6 years ago.  We went out around the point to another cove - out of sight but adjacent to the Labadee beach.  Ocean kayaking is always tougher than kayaking on a lake!  The locals at the next cove had merchandise and we felt quilted into buying something.

I have read complaints about the locals at the cove selling stuff. I didn’t do kayaking but I did do the jet ski excursion. That was also a guided excursion. We could not go off on our own. We did go about 20 miles and got a view of the Citadel so that was fine with me. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

They’re 19 and 20. We have the mountain coaster reserved for them. They’d like to do the zip line but I’ve never seen it on the planner. The cruise is about 5 months away. I’m wondering if I missed it, or it hasn’t been listed yet.

The coasters a blast.   I paid for 2 rides and they just let me keep riding was awesome and the views are great 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

The coasters a blast.   I paid for 2 rides and they just let me keep riding was awesome and the views are great 

I agree. I have done it a few times on different sailings. I have not done the zip lines though. Not my kind of thing….

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I agree. I have done it a few times on different sailings. I have not done the zip lines though. Not my kind of thing….

I use to zip line.   But my back just can’t handle that anymore.   The coaster was hard enough on my back. But I had to do it. Lol.   

11 hours ago, MD_Dan said:

Was it this tour? 

IMG_0307.jpeg

11 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

We’ve enjoyed mountain coasters in Tennessee, and got them all day passes for it. 

15 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

Are kayaks available to rent on Labadee without an excursion? 

Yes, they are. You can rent them between tours on Nellie's beach. We have rented them on multiple occasions without having to do a tour. Last time we did this, it was ~$20 for a 30 minute rental.

Edited by orville99

On 7/31/2023 at 10:42 AM, orville99 said:

Yes, they are. You can rent them between tours on Nellie's beach. We have rented them on multiple occasions without having to do a tour. Last time we did this, it was ~$20 for a 30 minute rental.

Thank you! We will have a bungalow at Columbus Cove, so that’s a pretty close location.