IV on the Beyond….port or starboard

We booked Beyond for a 10 day cruise in Jan 2025.  We decided to try out the IV as all the SV’s are booked 😢 

Question - is it better to be on the port or starboard side

My thought is if Magic Carpet is on the Starboard side, that’s likely the side facing the port of call when we dock at an island and would have the best views.

On the other hand, it’s possible Magic Carpet will be an interference on sea days.

All thoughts welcome

On 7/31/2023 at 6:50 AM, basenji56 said:

On a loop cruise I don't think it really matters.  I would stay away from the Magic Carpet because it can obscure your view if you are not right below it (made that mistake before).

Thanks.  We were looking at a spot that seems fairly far away from the magic carpet.

Still wondering peoples opinions on whether it’s better to face the water (port) or island (starboard) at the various ports of call

4 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Thanks.  We were looking at a spot that seems fairly far away from the magic carpet.

Still wondering peoples opinions on whether it’s better to face the water (port) or island (starboard) at the various ports of call

The problem is that the ship doesn't always dock on the same side in the same ports.  The Magic Carpet is rarely used for departures so you can't use that side to judge where your view will be.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

The Magic Carpet does not always face the port.  As for which side, very often there is another cruise ship on either side of you and it does not matter.  Alot depends on the particular port.  I would rather  look at scenery rather the containers on shore at a particular port.  It can be like tossing a coin.

• Like 1

Another thing to think about is do you want morning or afternoon sun and it sounds like the IV can get hot with the afternoon sun. As mentioned on a round trip you’ll be sailing multiple directions but something to judge when thinking of your route.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keesar said:

The Magic Carpet does not always face the port.  As for which side, very often there is another cruise ship on either side of you and it does not matter.  Alot depends on the particular port.  I would rather  look at scenery rather the containers on shore at a particular port.  It can be like tossing a coin.

Yes, this is one thing that you shouldn't overthink.  Pay attention to forward or aft, pay attention to what is above and below your cabin.  Pay attention to crew entrances near your cabin.  On a tranatlantic, pay attention to whether you want sun or shade.  But port or starboard otherwise doesn't matter that much.

• Like 1