Carnival Horizon-Oct.4, 8-3 Advice on what to do. PLEASE

motherofteenagers

First time in Southern Caribbean. Renting a jeep in Aruba to go wherever we want. Was hoping to take a catamaran snorkeling trip in Curacao. Usually try to book with a local tour operator whenever we cruise. I contacted several and was told the catamaran trips were booked by private groups, or maybe by the cruise ships??? Wondering if anyone knows of a local catamaran tour? We will be in port October 4th, 8-3, not enough time to go to Curacao Klein. If we can't get a tour, would you recommend snorkeling from the beach?Possibly Playa Porto Marie? Renting a car to drive around and do this? Taxis seem pretty expensive.

Thank you

On 7/31/2023 at 9:09 PM, motherofteenagers said:

First time in Southern Caribbean. Renting a jeep in Aruba to go wherever we want. Was hoping to take a catamaran snorkeling trip in Curacao. Usually try to book with a local tour operator whenever we cruise. I contacted several and was told the catamaran trips were booked by private groups, or maybe by the cruise ships??? Wondering if anyone knows of a local catamaran tour? We will be in port October 4th, 8-3, not enough time to go to Curacao Klein. If we can't get a tour, would you recommend snorkeling from the beach?Possibly Playa Porto Marie? Renting a car to drive around and do this? Taxis seem pretty expensive.

Thank you

You can easily snorkel from the beach here in Curaçao. 

Taxis are kind of expensive here. Take a look at Pirate's Bay Beach which is not far from the port.

On 7/31/2023 at 9:09 PM, motherofteenagers said:

We will be in port October 4th, 8-3, not enough time to go to Curacao Klein. If we can't get a tour, would you recommend snorkeling from the beachPossibly Playa Porto Marie? Renting a car to drive around and do this? Taxis seem pretty expensive.

Thank you

We have been to Curacao several times via cruise ship, and usually take the local bus to The Dive Bus.  We have our own gear, and snorkel from the beach which is across the street from the dive shop.  We will be going for several days in early September, and will have a car and will be exploring. I'll come back and let you know which beaches we liked.

Bup1224 has given great advice that I've used, can't go wrong with their suggestions.

Just now, topspot said:

We have been to Curacao several times via cruise ship, and usually take the local bus to The Dive Bus.  We have our own gear, and snorkel from the beach which is across the street from the dive shop.  We will be going for several days in early September, and will have a car and will be exploring. I'll come back and let you know which beaches we liked.

Bup1224 has given great advice that I've used, can't go wrong with their suggestions.

http://www.thedivebus.com/