Cancelling Pre-Paid Gratuities Before The Cruise

brenton

When I booked my cruise, I paid in full including pre-paid gratuities.  However, we do have quite a bit  of on board credit that we no longer think we may use so want to use it to cover the pre-paid gratuities at the end of the cruise.  So I went into my booking and cancelled the pre-paid gratuities.  But now my statement shows a total (which is now less because of the pre-paid gratuities removed), and a Payment Received which is still the original payment with the gratuities.  Does anyone know if  Carnival will be refunding that to me difference to me at some point before the cruise?

I don't know about this situation in particular. 

But, in the past, I had a price drop after I paid in full.  They wouldn't give me a refund, insteadi gott refundable on board credit. 

I used it up, so no test on how I would get it back.

If the same happens to you, you'll use the non refundable credit first, then the refundable. 

It should be refunded to the original form of payment. It may take a little bit although honestly never more than several days in my experience. You can cancel anything online that you've booked in advance and receive a full refund EXCEPT the fare for the cruise which has various penalties as you get closer to the cruise date.

Edited by Jasonsterling