Early Arrival in Reykjavik

quakercruiser

We are flying into Reykjavik on NCL booking and arriving at 6:00 a.m. Transport to the cruise port is included in the air package but we wonder what will NCL do with us until we can check-in.  Do they allow us to enter the terminal?  We would like to leave our luggage and explore a little on our own.  Anyone have experience with this?  Thanks

I don't remember the specific timing for the transfers but this transfer was the only time there's been a tour guide, plus we stopped for breakfast  (NCL paid)- not sure if that was standard or if they needed to kill time for some reason. Generally speaking, the busses don't bring you to the port until they are ready to take your luggage, you wait at the airport. Sometimes you have to wait until the first busses from the ship drop off before taking anyone to the ship.

The tour was a nice touch, especially because a volcano had erupted the afternoon before, so got a lot of information about their geology, etc as we drove to the port.

which terminal? if i recall correctly, there are at least two cruise ports in reykjavik. one has services, the other doesn’t and isn’t really a terminal, but more like a shack. (but it’s within walking distance of city center).

The terminal at which we arrived seemed small but there were a few shops around.  It was not very close to downtown,as I recall.   When we were there the Prima was arriving (they actually shortened our cruise one day, dropping our overnight onboard) and they could only accommodate one ship at a time.  But it was her grand launch party so that took presidency over our ship.

if you were to arrive there, there early I don’t think there is much to do.