Question on Long Beach Cruise Terminal

Hi all  - I'm an Australian travelling on the Panorama in a few weeks from Long Beach, and I wanted to get some advice. 

1. Reading/watching some reviews on YouTube, getting into the Long Beach Port terminal via Taxi / Lyft can be long and unpleasant.  Some sites suggest getting a Taxi / Lyft to Harry Bridges Memorial Park as it is the closest point for cars to get to the terminal without getting in line to get into the port.  It does not look durable checking google maps - can anyone offer any thoughts?

2. On the day of disembarkation, I am looking at doing a 1.15 pm flight from SNA.  Does that sound doable?

Thanks in advance for everyone's input!

10 hours ago, neil.roberts.77985 said:

getting into the Long Beach Port terminal via Taxi / Lyft can be long and unpleasant.  Some sites suggest getting a Taxi / Lyft to Harry Bridges Memorial Park as it is the closest point for cars to get to the terminal without getting in line to get into the port.  It does not look durable checking google maps - can anyone offer any thoughts?

You can walk from the park to the terminal-- you'll basically be walking through the Queen Mary's parking lot. In a traditional taxi, with a meter running by wait time, I can see why this would be attractive. In a Lyft or Uber though the price is set ahead of time so even if there is a wait you are just sitting in air-conditioning and not paying any more out of pocket. I would just take a Lyft or Uber to the terminal and not worry about it. 

10 hours ago, neil.roberts.77985 said:

2. On the day of disembarkation, I am looking at doing a 1.15 pm flight from SNA.  Does that sound doable?

Yes- very doable. You would be safe as early as 11:30/noon so 1:15 gives you plenty of time. I wouldn't rush off the ship.