Aurora Cabin C184---Does It Exist?

daveoc

We booked an early saver for a GA grade midship cabin and have just been allocated C184. 

I've looked at a deck plan for Aurora and the cabin is shown as the last GA midship cabin before mid-forward starts.

However, if you try to make a booking for any future Aurora cruise up to 2025, if you do a select booking and then go to choose my cabin, you will see on the map for deck 9 that there is no C184 showing. In its place is an unnumbered white space.

I have no idea what this means. I tried to phone P&O but there was a 60 minute wait.

Anyone any idea as to why this cabin does not seem to exist or be bookable on any future cruise?.

50 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Its certainly there on the Deck Plan  https://www.pocruises.com/content/dam/po/pdfs/ships/Aurora-deck-plan-2023.pdf

grey colour on the left half way down.  Maybe it's popular and sold out.

Yes, it does appear on the deck plan but if you try to book any future cruise on Aurora, when you get to the 'choose your cabin' under the select fare, cabin C184 on deck 9 does not show on the deck plan, just a white space with no number on it. This applies to any future cruise on Aurora---it's as if P&O are no longer selling this particular cabin and I'm wondering why.

I may have the answer from someone who replied on a forum They were told that a cabin such as this is held back for entertainers/senior staff. A guess is that this particular one is being held back on an ongoing basis and will then, if not required, be given to saver bookings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had something similar on QE last year. I booked a guaranteed obscured sea view. When the cabin number came through next to it according to deck plan was a large blanked area where you would have thought there would be  cabins. I was worried I was going to be next to a noisy service area. In fact once onboard it turned out it was a blocked off run of cabins that were used by the booked entertainers and other hosts. They obviously are kept permanently off sale for use by Cunard. Turned out to be a great cabin. I expect yours will be the same. 

• Like 1