Carnival's Trip Insurance Added After Final Payment

Our cruise on Carnival is on Aug 21. Everything is paid for, as final payment date was May 23. The other night, with a glass of wine, my husband was playing around on the website, and added the travel insurance. I quickly paid it, as we couldn't figure out how to delete it from the booking, and it said balance due on May 23...I didn't want our room to be cancelled so I paid it. 

According to our booking details, we now have it. However, now, there is some family drama going on that my husband is thinking of staying home. (If we can get part of our money back, I'll stay home too but if not, then I'll go solo.)

What I'm wondering now: if we do use Carnival's cancel for any reason and receive our 75% back in a FCC, will they deny it, as the trip protection was purchased after final payment date?

Thanks!

https://affinitytravelcert.com/document/pdfs/Carnival_Generic_05_23.pdf

According to language in the policy, it is reasonable to expect that the claim would be denied. See page three.

It keeps people from trying to get the benefit at the last minute after they discover a problem that would cause cancellation. Insurance is for unforeseen events.

You have 10 days to cancel the insurance if you have not started travel. After that there is no refund of your premium.

All premium is refundable only during the ten (10) day review period from the date of purchase (or from the date of receipt if mailed) provided You have not already departed on Your Trip and You have not incurred any claimable losses during that time. If You depart on Your Trip prior to the expiration of the review period, the review period shall automatically end upon Your departure