Carnival Pride check in

5 minutes ago, GaspareandNancy33 said:

Thanks, but I'm looking to see when Carnival begins the check in process at the Port on embarcation day. Would like to know when we should begin to arrive at port. 

You arrive at your prearranged check in time which you choose online at Carnival.com 2 weeks prior to the cruise. It’s a new rule Carnival instituted after the pandemic. It helps a lot with the congestion and crowds at the cruise terminal. 

1 hour ago, cruisinqt said:

You arrive at your prearranged check in time which you choose online at Carnival.com 2 weeks prior to the cruise. It’s a new rule Carnival instituted after the pandemic. It helps a lot with the congestion and crowds at the cruise terminal. 

It actually stated a couple years prior to covid.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

It actually stated a couple years prior to covid.

Did it? I don’t remember doing it pre covid. But we cruise all of the time and to be honest it’s hard to remember details like that. 

3 hours ago, GaspareandNancy33 said:

Thanks, but I'm looking to see when Carnival begins the check in process at the Port on embarcation day. Would like to know when we should begin to arrive at port. 

So we took a morning train down from Rome and had time to grab a coffee before walking to the terminal bus staging area.  I believe our check-in time was about 11a local time. Passengers arrived throughout the day with many not showing up until mid-afternoon. 

As indicated previously, you are allowed to select your check-in time 14 days prior.  The only thing that was somewhat different is that throngs of folks weren't clamoring to board at the opening.  I suppose that makes sense as the typical American might have only had one day in Rome before cruising and they wanted to stretch that. We had been there 4 days so treated embarkation as we would on a normal cruise. In fact, we were happy to get some rest onboard after a very busy land stay beforehand. 

• Like 1

We are embarking on Wednesday, Oct 18 and planning on listening to the Pope speak from his apartment window (that's what I have read happens on Wednesdays) at 10:30am then grabbing some lunch then take the train to the port.  I'm thinking arriving to the ship around 3:30.😊

22 hours ago, jsglow said:

So we took a morning train down from Rome and had time to grab a coffee before walking to the terminal bus staging area.  I believe our check-in time was about 11a local time. Passengers arrived throughout the day with many not showing up until mid-afternoon. ...

This is our plan for Oct 29. What time did your train leave Rome? We will be coming Termini as our hotel is near there.

Was it difficult to do the train w/your full cruise luggage?

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

This is our plan for Oct 29. What time did your train leave Rome? We will be coming Termini as our hotel is near there.

Was it difficult to do the train w/your full cruise luggage?

Thanks!

We stayed in Trastevere across the Tiber (loved the area; will ALWAYS stay there when in Rome). I don't recall specifically what time our train was out of the Trastevere station but I'm guessing about 9:00a.

And as to luggage, that totally depends on how much you bring. We always travel to Europe with one carry-on suitcase and one backpack per person and it was quite manageable. That's the thing about Europe; lots of trains and lots of stairs. Don't over pack. Do laundry.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

We are embarking on Wednesday, Oct 18 and planning on listening to the Pope speak from his apartment window (that's what I have read happens on Wednesdays) at 10:30am then grabbing some lunch then take the train to the port.  I'm thinking arriving to the ship around 3:30.😊

Be very careful with your planning. Civitavecchia is a significant distance from Rome and port access takes some planning once you get to the train station there. 'Day of' travel down is totally normal but think it a smidgen like 'flying in the day of your cruise'. Don't push the boundaries too hard. Fully consider all the time it will take to get from St. Peter's Square all the way to the ship. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Ninjacat123 - please check and see if tickets are needed in order to attend the Wednesday audience with the Pope. They are free, but we requested tickets in advance and picked them up the day before when we attended. We arrived very early so we could get seats closer to the front. There will be a huge crowd attending.  I would hate for you to be disappointed to miss out on such an amazing experience. 

21 minutes ago, jsglow said:

We stayed in Trastevere across the Tiber (loved the area; will ALWAYS stay there when in Rome). I don't recall specifically what time our train was out of the Trastevere station but I'm guessing about 9:00a.

And as to luggage, that totally depends on how much you bring. We always travel to Europe with one carry-on suitcase and one backpack per person and it was quite manageable. That's the thing about Europe; lots of trains and lots of stairs. Don't over pack. Do laundry.

That's how DH and I are traveling as well.  👍

Just now, mar214 said:

Ninjacat123 - please check and see if tickets are needed in order to attend the Wednesday audience with the Pope. They are free, but we requested tickets in advance and picked them up the day before when we attended. We arrived very early so we could get seats closer to the front. There will be a huge crowd attending.  I would hate for you to be disappointed to miss out on such an amazing experience. 

I didn't know tickets were available or needed.  Do I request them through the Vatican website?  TIA!

I believe we did request them through the Vatican website. Just Google "tickets for Wednesday Audience with the Pope" We picked them up the day before to avoid having a long line to wait in to pick them up on Wednesday morning. You will also have to go through security and have your bags checked. We sat through downpours that morning and were soaked, even with umbrellas. It was totally worth it! The sun came out when the Pope came out!!!! 

8 minutes ago, mar214 said:

I believe we did request them through the Vatican website. Just Google "tickets for Wednesday Audience with the Pope" We picked them up the day before to avoid having a long line to wait in to pick them up on Wednesday morning. You will also have to go through security and have your bags checked. We sat through downpours that morning and were soaked, even with umbrellas. It was totally worth it! The sun came out when the Pope came out!!!! 

Yay!!  Found the form, filled it out and hopefully good to go!  Thank you for the info and the heads up.😊

To those attending the Wednesday Audience with the Pope, here is something else you might want to know about in advance: 

Q: Does the Holy Father bless rosaries and other items?

A: At the conclusion of Papal Audiences, the Sunday Angelus, and Papal Masses, the Holy Father gives his Apostolic Blessing. This blessing is for you, your family, your loved ones, and any items for devotional use that you have brought with you to be blessed. If you would like items such as rosaries, crucifixes, holy cards, or medals to be blessed, you simply have to have them with you for them to be blessed. The Holy Father has the intention of blessing also all these articles when he gives his blessing.

A rosary or crucifix blessed by the Holy Father is a beautiful gift for your loved ones back home, so we strongly encourage you to take this opportunity.

We bought some religious items at the Vatican gift shops during our tour to have blessed during the Wednesday Audience. Although the Pope was not speaking English, we knew it was time for the blessing when everyone around us held their items up. These are very special things to bring home!

• Thanks 1