Shuttle into Denali park from HAL/Princess lodges?

PHXscuba

We have booked independently on the transit bus into the park for our visit. The reservations person said we need to meet at the Denali Bus Depot in the park. We are staying at the McKinley Chalet resort with our HAL land tour. Is there a hotel/area shuttle that takes us to the bus depot or nearby? 

Thanks,

PHXscuba

The shuttles from McKinley Chalet run regularly through the day. Check the shuttle schedule at the hotel. They go to the bus depot where you can take the internal park shuttles and the visitor center. Just allow enough time.

I wonder if @dfilpus has stayed at the McKinley Chalets this season.  I hope so.  

Alaska is experiencing a severe labor shortage in general and a particularly severe shortage of folks who have Commercial Driver's Licenses.  Until  @dfilpus confirms that they were at the Chalets this current season our OP needs to e-mail the Chalets and confirm that those shuttles from the Chalets to the DBD are indeed running this summer.

Ok I broke down and called the resort front desk and YES they are running the resort shuttle into the Park, making a full loop about every 30 minutes.

I forgot to ask how early it started as ours is an afternoon transit bus.

PHXscuba

• Like 1

I am glad that someone has confirmed the shuttles.  Not only are we still experiencing a severe labor shortage in general in this state, we are having extreme issues with a lack of folks who have commercial driver's licenses.  For example, Sophie Station Hotel in Fairbanks for years (think decades) had a trolley type of shuttle on a fixed route around town for their guests; it has not resumed since the pandemic.  And the school bus vendors around the state are really struggling to staff school bus routes.